Cards up on All In?

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You see it on TV all the time, and when I played on bodog they would turn the cards up for two players when 1 player was all in. However, I recently began playing at PS and noticed they DO NOT turn cards over and if you are the short stack and lose you can muck your cards without showing. This leads me to the question are you supposed to turn your cards up on All-In? Say you have a feeling about a player and decide to bluff and have nadda', if they have you covered and win should you be able to muck without showing?

Does anyone know the actual (un-official) rule for this?

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any time the cards are mucked without showing on an all in on PS, you can always look them up in the hand history.

Usually the cards should be turned up on an all in during a tourney (provided no other players are in the hand with chips behind them) and for cash games, the cards are not shown until after the river.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes someone does , but not me . my guess would be that turning the cards up where just a courtesy and not required.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From chapter 15 of Roberts Rules of Poker:

34. All hands will be turned faceup whenever a player is all-in and betting action is complete.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You see it on TV all the time, and when I played on Bodog they would turn the cards up for two players when 1 player was all in. However, I recently began playing at PS and noticed they DO NOT turn cards over and if you are the short stack and lose you can muck your cards without showing. This leads me to the question are you supposed to turn your cards up on All-In? Say you have a feeling about a player and decide to bluff and have nadda', if they have you covered and win should you be able to muck without showing?

Does anyone know the actual (un-official) rule for this?

In your scenario, if you bluff you have to show your hand to win the pot, or else if by some chance you do have the best hand you don't win the pot and your opponent doesn't have to show. Apparently Roberts Rules says the cards should be turned face up but I thought it was in tournaments you turn them face up and cash games you don't have to. So if you call, they turn over the best hand, you can then muck your cards. Of course this doesn't do much good on pokerstars as you can just look in the HH.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty sure on Stars the cards in a tournament get turned over if there is an all in. In cash games however the cards don't get flipped over and the player has the option to muck(even though you can look in the HH). I'm not sure why they do it that way but I'm sure they customer service could tell you.