Carbon poker black jack $5 dollar "COUPON"...

H

hornedfrog2000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe its just me, but I thought $5 free was an actual free $5 dollars. Not anywhere could they show me where I had to spend that $5 , or the next $5 of every deposit I make. I'm not great at poker, and was just playing around. I tried the black jack one time, and won a couple dollars (like 5). I didn't expect to have to pay them back....Let me know if you think I'm insane, or I you can find anywhere it says that the conditions these CS people are saying are true.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
chatinfo.gif
You are now chatting with 'CS Rick'
chatinfo.gif
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK11606985311X
CS Rick: Hello! How may I assist you?
mariprice: Hi, I was just talking to another CS, and he said you guys gave me a 5 dollar Black Jack coupon to use.
mariprice: I want to know why I am expected to repay this coupon every time I make a deposit
mariprice: ?
mariprice: He said he canceled it, but if I knew this were the case I would have never accepted the coupon.
CS Rick: Please kindly hold on a moment while I access your records.
CS Rick: The coupon has being expired
mariprice: I know
CS Rick: You do not need to earn comp points for this coupon
mariprice: Every time I added funds to my account I was expected to spend 5 of it on Black jack.
mariprice: No where does it say this is the case for the coupon.
mariprice: Hello?
CS Rick: It was the condition for this coupon
mariprice: Link?
mariprice: where does it say this?
CS Rick: Basically the $5 was only allowed to be played in the blackjack games
mariprice: I understand that, but I didn't just put 25 dollars into my poker account to play 5 dollars of it on black jack
mariprice: when you give someone something that is considered a gift.
CS Rick: We would have expire the coupon if you have contacted us earlier
mariprice: I didn't understand what was actually going on.
mariprice: I don't see what this stupid coupon has to do with it. The point is I was being taken advantage of.
mariprice: I want to see where it says every time I put money in my account I have to spend 5 dollars of it on Black Jack please.
CS Rick: Please hold on a moment
CS Rick: Based on your previous chat one of our support staff has already expired the coupon
CS Rick: You should be able to play with your funds now without any held up
mariprice: What does that have to do with showing me where exactly it says I have to play 5 dollars every time I added funds?
mariprice: You said it was part of the agreement, I would like to see where it says that.
mariprice: I was NEVER informed of this.
CS Rick: To fully claim the $5 blackjack instant cash awarded to you for the Diamonds are Forever promotion, you need to play through a 500 comp points requirement through blackjack itself.
CS Rick: We have also cancelled the the coupon for you
mariprice: Ok, I'm fine with that. Where does it say every time there after any deposit I make $5 of that MUST be played at the Black Jack table?
mariprice: You can't find it huh?
CS Rick: Please hold on a moment
CS Rick: The $5 was simply not supposed to be usable for playing poker, and had a requirement of earning 500 comp points playing blackjack to be unlocked. As you had not met the 500 comp point requirement, the restriction on the $5 was never taken off. Seeing that in your case the coupon was holding unrelated funds, we've cancelled the coupon for you. Is there anything further you'd like us to do?
mariprice: So you are saying that you took my money?
CS Rick: We did not take your money basically you had a requirement to be completed for this coupon
mariprice: I completed your $5 dollar FREE money coupon, and now I'm being told since accepting this $5 FREE black jack money coupon I had to play 5$ at black jack every time I played.
mariprice: This is insane
CS Rick: ust to clarify that you fully understand what we have done for you, the $5 was credited to your account previously, and cancelling the coupon in this case does not remove any money from your account, it merely removes the restriction you were receiving previously.
mariprice: You didn't credit my account...
mariprice: You loaned me money, and made it so I had to pay it back every time.
mariprice: Just to clarify it for you Rick.
chatinfo.gif
Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'CS Donovan'.
chatinfo.gif
You are now chatting with 'CS Donovan'
chatinfo.gif
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK11606985311X
CS Donovan: Hi mariprice, I understand you are having some concerns over our $5 black jack bonus.
CS Donovan: Let me explain the details of the promotion to you.
CS Donovan: Can you please check that your real money ledger on the 16th of July?
CS Donovan: You may do so at the player admin
CS Donovan: You should see that $5 was credited to your account.
mariprice: I know it was.
CS Donovan: Yes, so along with the $5, a coupon was put in your account restricting that money only to be usable for playing blackjack, until you earned 500 comp points from blackjack.
mariprice: Would you please explain to me why I had to play that 5 dollars only at black jack, and then the 2 other times I added 25$ at I was forced to play 5$ of it on black jack.
CS Donovan: That coupon was only for tracking purposes, and has been removed from your account now, freeing up your funds. Strictly speaking you have not met the requirements to keep the $5 bonus, but seeing that you have lost that bonus money already and do not have any further interest in playing blackjack, we've eased the restriction for you.
mariprice: Where does it say that I have to play 5 dollars of my money on black jack every time I made a deposit until 500 comp points from black jack?
mariprice: Do you see where I'm coming from?
CS Donovan: Yes, but you do not understand the requirement of the bonus. It does not say that you need to spend $5 of your money playing blackjack, only that you needed to earn 500 comp points to free up the funds.
mariprice: IF you had told/written whatever this to me in the first place I would have denied the 5 dollars
mariprice: I don't get what you are saying.
mariprice: I spent the 5$ "GIFT" at the table, and then I have to play 5$ there every time from then on?
CS Donovan: If you had earned the 500 comp points from black jack, you would never have had to spend a further dollar playing black jack.
mariprice: Where does it state this?
CS Donovan: If you had checked the coupons section of the software after receiving the bonus, you would have seen the requirement.
mariprice: I still have the coupon in my account, and it says 5$ free black jack money.
CS Donovan: Do you see that the status of that coupon is now inactive?
mariprice: It doesn't say 5 dollar restriction you have to play at black jack every time you play.
mariprice: I see the coupon yet
mariprice: yes
mariprice: Where does anything, anywhere show that what you are stating is in fact the case?
mariprice: All I have to go on is someone saying the same thing over, and over.
CS Donovan: If you had any doubts, our live support would have been pleased to clarify the issue for you. We have in fact done our best to help ease the restriction from your account, and I'd just like to know if you'd like us to do anything further.
mariprice: Is there a manager or somenone I could talk to?
CS Donovan: Unfortunately not, if you have any feedback I could send it to higher management on your behalf though.
CS Donovan: Our manager is currently engaged.
mariprice: You say it is so clear, yet you cannot provide any proof.
mariprice: I am willing to wait for a manager
mariprice: All I want is for you to show me where it states that I had to play $5 dollars of my deposit every time to 500 comp points.
mariprice: Hello?
CS Donovan: If you'd like to wait for a manager, that decision would be yours.
CS Donovan: I'll do my best to connect you.

wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow thats messed up. i agree with you though. if you accept a FREE gift of $5 to play at the blackjack table and loss that $5 then why should you be responsible for playing $5 of your own money everytime you deposit. doesn't seem right or fair for that matter. if it doesnt say in the rules then how can they enforce it?

H

hornedfrog2000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, I don't get upset about being shown that I'm wrong or anything, but they couldn't even show me where it stated this.

I have other accounts on other places. I'm actually pretty close to a 20$ bonus on full tilt, but I kind of like the little features of Carbon, so I was playing there. I probably wont anymore though.

wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know ft only releases the bonuses in $5 incements right

H

hornedfrog2000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone else thinks this is a little odd, or had it happen to you, or anyone you know?

S

simpleman31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is odd....but always read everything first. But I still believe you are right. I don't play on Carbon (thank god). But how do you incur points. How long would it take to make 500 points for just $5. Hope you prove them wrong!

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly, the truth is they do not give you anything for free. There are always the little bits in the terms and conditions ( usually written in type so small you need an atomic microscope to see it ) that ties you in.

I do not take up anything they reckon is free, because they will get it back off you in the long run.

And its no point arguing with them. You will just get the same standard robotic responses and find yourself headbutting the computer monitor in frustration at their inability to speak standard basic english.

TheKid84

TheKid84

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow how bogus... I've seen these types of things but have always caught the small print on them and haven't participated in them. It seems as if you have you head on your shoulders and isn't among those who wouldn't read the small print, but funny thing is when you asked where could you READ those requirements they were no where quick to respond to that request you had. Sorry it happened to you but makes for a good poker thread! lol.

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're wrong on this one

I don't really see where you have a complaint. You got a coupon, there were some restrictions involved that you didn't see. Granted, they could have been more upfront about that. You complained, they removed the restrictions, your account is unencumbered and you have been made whole. Essentially, in order to satisfy your complaint, they just let you keep the five dollars with no restrictions.

What is there to complain about?

If I were the CS guy and I'd told you "sorry about the confusion, we'll remove the restrictions and you just keep the five dollars," I think that's very good customer service. They listened to your complaint and resolved it in your favor.

I don't quite understand the disparaging attitudes about Carbon's customer support. I think they are among the best in the business. bodog has immediate phone support which is great. Carbon has IMMEDIATE chat support, which is also rare. Most other sites have e-mail support only and some are almost useless. Ultimate Bet is an example. I've had problems where it's taken several days to even hear back from them.

Gary

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly, the truth is they do not give you anything for free. There are always the little bits in the terms and conditions ( usually written in type so small you need an atomic microscope to see it ) that ties you in.

I do not take up anything they reckon is free, because they will get it back off you in the long run.

Actually, sometimes there are legitimate free offers. Most bonus money, when released, is yours with no restrictions. Some sites - I think Absolute used to do it - occasionally put ten bucks in the accounts of low stakes players like me when we busted out, just to keep us on the line I guess. Before the American ban, I used to get freebies once in awhile from Interpoker. And some sites will seed you ten bucks, like Pitbull.

There are even a few affiliates that give you bonus money up front so you can actually play without making a deposit.

However, some of these things do have restrictions on withdrawals. On Pitbull, for example, you might take that ten bcks and run it up to a million, but you can't withdraw a cent until you make a real money deposit.

Sometimes, even money you win has restrictions on it. If you win anything on a Carbon freeroll, you win - I think they call it "freeroll dollars" or something. It's real money that you can play with and everything, but you have to wait a week in order to wirhdraw it. After a week, you get a pop-up message that your funds have been released. I guess they do that in the hopes that you'll put the money in play.

But yes, there is free money. Sometimes with restrictions but sometimes not. Even when it's free, it's promotional of course. They are hoping to get you or keep you as a regular player. I'd rather the sites give ME a few bucks than pay it for advertising.

H

hornedfrog2000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Worden, flat out, you're wrong. There is nothing anywhere that says what they are saying is the case. PERIOD. Show me where it says it, and I will apologise. You say I didn't see the restrictions huh... THERE ARE NONE to be seen. If there were, they wouldn't have danced around for half a ****ing hour saying the same stupid thing over, over, and....over.

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never said you were wrong. I agree with you. Sites make these offers and aren't clear or up front about the restrictions and it pisses me off, too. Like you, I enjoy getting in a little tussle with them every once in awhile. But bottom line is, you won the argument so i don't know what you're complaining about. They withdrew the restrictions and gave you the five bucks. You win! Yippeeee!

I call that pretty decent customer service. Too bad they weren't clear to begin with, but they did respond to your complaint and resolve it entirely in your favor.

So what is your complaint, exactly?

Now you want to throw some venom at me, which is kind of funny, because I agree with you on the issue. I'm just saying you won, so relax and get over it.

martygokona

martygokona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That promotion is insane even if it did say something about the 500 black jack points. Maybe restrictions about a withdrawl of moneys gained using the free five bucks. But, forcing u to play 5 bucks of every deposit is off the hook.

H

hornedfrog2000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
THEY DIDN'T GIVE ME THE 5 DOLLARS!!! jesus man. I had to give them 5 dollars every time I deposited. It would be like Mcdonalds giving you a 1$ off coupon, but saying you have to spend that 1 dollar you saved at Mcdonalds every ****ing time you spent it.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mariprice: He said he canceled it,

CS Rick: The coupon has being expired (1

CS Rick: We would have expire the coupon if you have contacted us earlier (2

CS Rick: Based on your previous chat one of our support staff has already expired the coupon (3

CS Rick: We have also cancelled the the coupon for you (4

CS Rick: The $5 was simply not supposed to be usable for playing poker, and had a requirement of earning 500 comp points playing blackjack to be unlocked. As you had not met the 500 comp point requirement, the restriction on the $5 was never taken off. Seeing that in your case the coupon was holding unrelated funds, we've cancelled the coupon for you. Is there anything further you'd like us to do? (5

CS Rick: ust to clarify that you fully understand what we have done for you, the $5 was credited to your account previously, and cancelling the coupon in this case does not remove any money from your account, it merely removes the restriction you were receiving previously. (6

CS Donovan: ..... we've eased the restriction for you. (7

CS Donovan: Yes, but you do not understand the requirement of the bonus. It does not say that you need to spend $5 of your money playing blackjack, only that you needed to earn 500 comp points to free up the funds.

CS Donovan: Do you see that the status of that coupon is now inactive? (8

CS Donovan: If you had any doubts, our live support would have been pleased to clarify the issue for you. We have in fact done our best to help ease the restriction from your account, and I'd just like to know if you'd like us to do anything further. (9

You couldn't pay me enough to be a pokersite support rep, they must have been banging their heads against their desks until they bled!

The coupon has been CANCELLED!

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You posted for sympathy and advice perhaps, but you also have to be able to take it if somebody disagrees with your point, rather than lashing out at others.

If they didn't give you a five dollar bonus then cancel the restrictions when you complained, then I have to say that you haven't explained the situation very well. That's exactly what you said happened. You got the five dollars, were surprised and pissed that it wasn't really free, called and complained, and they told you over and over again sorry, we'll cancel the restrictions. Like the guy above me says, you must have been driving those support people crazy. They said over and over again, OK, restrictions cancelled and you still went on and on.

What else was it you wanted? I agree, the promotion was deceptive and misleading, but as soon as you complained, they rectified the situation.

What else do you want?

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack