calling raises with value hands

A

aceup21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the Percentages of a value hand or say in a Marginal hand Pre-flop Like 8-5 suited or a 9-10 suited are definately better hands to play against 2-4 players involved in the Raise preflop action or Juiced up pots. As long as you only playing 3-5x bb you should see the flop cuz alot of times the bigger hands like A-Q and A-K are playing with dead cards in which case the mediocer hands like 8-7 have live cards in the deck to pair up with. A lot of instances you flop a Str8 or two pair. The value call works good if the flop comes almost perfect. Otherwise you gotta lay it down if you don't hit the flop. Its like a mini risk with good rewards as when you hit the str8 , flush or top two many players are unable to put you on a suspicious hand.

The element of inpredictability is a major factor in tourney and cash play.
Also Table image is a great Springboard to Success on the far end of the spectrum being that you have to build that image. Once you do you can muscle a lot of players afraid to tangle with you.

MrDuff1331

MrDuff1331

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also like to raise with these hands. i win a lot of pots this way and pick up blinds.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands