Bye Chat!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
meh this is like the only time I'll chat. I've told countless people to please just shut up and play when they were tapping the tank other attacks are uncalled for but getting someone to quit chasing the fish away is definitely fine to do and shut up and play is definitely not too severe. Maybe they were just quick to pull the trigger because of the history?

M

mmmcher

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat is for recreational players. I've got too much going on when I'm playing to chat anyway (although my chat is banned on FT as well!)

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat is for recreational players. I've got too much going on when I'm playing to chat anyway (although my chat is banned on FT as well!)

Pardon me, but that is illogical. If you have no time to chat, how did you manage to earn a chat ban ? Did you breathe too hard ? :confused:

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you use foul language in the chatbox you deserve any ban you get.

And I am NOT personally offended by it.

But you violate the terms of service when you do it, and get what you signed up for.

Also.. if you are going to heckle, or needle, there are SOOO many better ways of doing it than acting banal.

Players who curse foolishly into the chatbox earn a tickmark in the "fish" side of my evaluation checklist since it shows

1. A lack of self restraint (which might go along with a tilt tendency)
2. Bad decision making (self explanatory)
3. Lack of creativity (and possibly intelligence)

Of course the trash talker might actually be good at the game, but more often than not the people acting like clowns at the table are not.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
meh this is like the only time I'll chat. I've told countless people to please just shut up and play when they were tapping the tank other attacks are uncalled for but getting someone to quit chasing the fish away is definitely fine to do and shut up and play is definitely not too severe. Maybe they were just quick to pull the trigger because of the history?

this. Or when i start a FR table and a reg sits to my immediate left. Or when a fish wants to chat and i need to entertain him while he gives me his money. :D

rcman1980

rcman1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I reported one about someone who told me that i am a F jew and fulltilt told me to put him on mute .......so i cant understand why they banned your chat for less...............

W

wona2009wsopseat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've had a previous chat revocation, and you still continued to play on full tilt during that time, I am sure they will be happy to revoke your chat for a longer period of time knowing you'll still play there. Sorry to hear you lost your chat over something so small, but as many people here have said, we are not sure if you are telling us everything. Personally, I don't agree with people's chat being removed for long periods of time because some people use chat to their advantage in game.

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Thanks,

One good thing about this thread is that it amused me and I had a good laugh early in the morning.

So, a negative turned into a postive.

Good luck and hope you get your chat back soon. :smile: :smile: :smile:

mange

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good time for a reminder, I think. If this had been a forum game and abusive language was reported to us, you'd face sanctions here at the forum as well. We would investigate first and really wouldn't punish for saying "shut up and play", but abusive language/threats have no place in our games and we don't tolerate it.

E

ElTrain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never seen the point of arguing with people at the tables. Short of an "lol" every once in a while I'm keeping quite. And its kind of entertaining seeing people go off on each other.

Its also weird that this guy reported you. Time to pull it back a bit I'd say.

B

Bishop Poker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a little much considering all the other garbage people type on Full tilt especialy in a freeroll. LOL:cool:

D

DREW0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone once said "Profanity is the refuge of the ignorant". It is true and never more evident than when shrouded with the cloak of anonymity afforded by the internet.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone once said "Profanity is the refuge of the ignorant". It is true and never more evident than when shrouded with the cloak of anonymity afforded by the internet.
If the internet is shrouded with anonymity, why do I get people turning up at FullTilt asking me for the freeroll password? :p

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could understand it more if it were a live game and it just 'slipped out', but this is online poker and you typed it!!!

It is impossible to accidentally swear online... you have to type it and then press <enter>.

So its probably best that they disable your chat because you cant control yourself enough not to type offensive words. I doubt that you have ever typed a compliment to someone and then a minute later wondered why you typed it.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats crazy i been banned for worse than that and itwas worser than shut up and play only got like 10minz ban well least you can still play :):)

you shud ask f if the would consider asking for it back because thats just tight for just saying that:(:):(

Elliegurl

Elliegurl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good time for a reminder, I think. If this had been a forum game and abusive language was reported to us, you'd face sanctions here at the forum as well. We would investigate first and really wouldn't punish for saying "shut up and play", but abusive language/threats have no place in our games and we don't tolerate it.

Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention. These types of common courtesy rules are one of the reasons I really enjoy CardsChat. This is a really great forum and I am so happy I joined it! The CardsChat members seem to be a very intelligent and fun group of people.

I belonged to another forum where they basically look the other way when this type of thing happens.....and I was extremely put-off by it.

As far as "banned chat" goes - if it happens to you, you deserved it. Nobody wants to have to deal with some lout when they are trying to win a game or just playing for fun. You did the crime, now do the time.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who said "accidentally swear online?"

W

Wolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds like 2 me ur a loud mouth jerk who cant b civil.u get what u deserve in this world.i think u didnt get enuff.u havent learned ur lesson.do u need dipers with that potty mouth

I don't get it. What do diapers have to do with his potty mouth, is he going to wear them on his head?

Sounds like you are aspiring to be one of those players who makes money by putting opponents on tilt yourself. If so, you better work on your smack talk. This attempt was pretty lame. IMHO.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who said "accidentally swear online?"

I did.

As its quoted, I will assume the question isn't literal.

Had you been honest in the first post and not attributed the ban to the words "shut up and play" then there would have been no need for my post.

However as the thread progressed it turns out that you are known to swear at players online and have received previous bans in the past.

Being as you had already lied regarding the cause of the ban, it was fairly logical to expect a later lie as to the reason for the swearing, namely attributing it to a momentary accident. Therefore I was pointing out, in advance, that it is impossible to accidentally type.

You know it was wrong, you know that it could evoke a ban, and you should know that its unacceptable behaviour, but you still did it anyway..... crazy!