Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A MAJOR leak in my game is when I come home really drunk and end up blowing away alot of my bankroll, I'm in college so I go out drinking pretty often and most of the time it isn't that bad but sometimes I just get really bad and blow WAY too much money.

I'm not great but I am able to make a profit at low limits amd every time I make some money I blow it away, I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and how they have overcome it (besides the obvious of not drinking soo much, cause thats just ridiculous).

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im afraid the short and simple answer is - dont play drunk :)

Its for the same reason you should never drive etc - drinking affects your awareness and perceptions (like the ugly person who looks stunning after several pints ;)).

Enjoy your drinking time by all means - but think of it like this, if you dont play drunk, you'll have more to spend on booze. :p

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im afraid the short and simple answer is - dont play drunk :)

Its for the same reason you should never drive etc - drinking affects your awareness and perceptions (like the ugly person who looks stunning after several pints ;)).

Enjoy your drinking time by all means - but think of it like this, if you dont play drunk, you'll have more to spend on booze. :p

perfect response couldnt say it any better!:)

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
However, when under the influence, I seem to perceive some things I wouldn't normally do when I'm sober. But since I would be too drunk to make a note of anything, I'd forget it the next morning anyways. :D

Play above the influence (AboveTheInfluence.com | AboveTheInfluence.com lol)

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what your bankroll is, but you might consider having one site/account with about ten bucks in it that you use to play the lowest cash games, or super low sngs/tournaments (UB has 0.50 + 0.05 sngs), where you can't get hurt too badly. Also, you could always just restrict yourself to freerolls when drinking.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You all are missing the point. OP clearly states he is a student, and is learning to play drunk.

I think our unanimous suggestion is that he set up a hot button to notify all of us that he is about to play drunk, and allow us time to get seated, er ah, intervene!
icon12.gif

R

rizziller

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It usually only takes a few hands late at night to find the drunk guy at your table. I had one sit down at a .01/.02 NL table at PS. Within 20 minutes he had reloaded and lost over $100, of which I only caught about $20 of.

You might think about unplugging your computer or just the monitor before you leave if you think you're going to get really hammered. Probably have a helluva time getting the computer up and running in order to play that way if you are drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.