brain food

T

topp44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone think there is any relationship between what you eat, how much you eat, and how well you play?

I need my 2x cups of coffee, and a spliff before i play the first game of the day. The i need various nice snacks and stuff to help me play.

But iv noticed in the past that if im skint and trying to play iv only got shit food in and no snacks il play worse. I havnt figured out why yet. It might be psycological, or that im missing nutrients and vitamins etc.

2nd cup of coffee on its way down now so il go play 4 morning stts (well, its 12:25pm lol).

wish me luck.

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Search around and there is a whole thread on this somewhere in here.

T

topp44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thought that one was slightley different.
does anyone take omega3 or anything like that?
Stuff thats good for the memory.
or the concentration span.

tribal_kronic

tribal_kronic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
topp44 said:
i thought that one was slightley different.
does anyone take omega3 or anything like that?
Stuff thats good for the memory.
or the concentration span.

I've tried that stuff called Focus Factor when I was in college and found that it didn't help much. Never took any Focus Factor before a game but would be interested to see if that stuff can actually boost your performance at the table.

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really i've skipped meals when in a good game before

T

topp44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
iv been eating pomegramets. i dont know if they help, but they are realey ripe and juicy. They might make me do worse as im dripping purple juice into my keyboard as i call with 10 jack sooted.

I wonder if vitamins make you clever and lack of nutrients make you stupid? Il tell you in 12months time.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw "Night of the Living Dead" the other day. The zombies liked to eat "Brain Food", too. Oh wait...maybe that was brains FOR food.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vacuuming up massive amounts of meth amphetamine usually does the trick..... Reefer makes you too paranoid that someone has the only 2 in the deck that can beat you... LSD makes the screen too hard to decypher especially when the lava lamp makes a shape you have never seen b4... Cocaine will have you clicking the mouse way too much while making you think you play poker like Doyle Brunson when in reality you Nick is probably better than you....Alcohol well you won't know wtf you just did till someone tells you tomorrow but everybody needs something to talk about the next day....

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm probably special but I can donk with the best of them - with no chemical enhancements at all. Just pure donking skill...

L

lunagirl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the way XD talks, you would never know he likes to hang out around the house, play with his dog, and be domesticated. He talks big, but he's just a cuddly, law abiding, car pooling teddy bear at heart. Aren't ya, honey? :handkiss: :flowers:

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lunagirl said:
From the way XD talks, you would never know he likes to hang out around the house, play with his dog, and be domesticated. He talks big, but he's just a cuddly, law abiding, car pooling teddy bear at heart. Aren't ya, honey? :handkiss: :flowers:
LIES! I host weekly swing parties,am an experienced mental chemist, surf the net butt naked on the roof of my house, and my favorite activity is setting mouse glue traps outside and so stray cats will come along go for the mouse then flip flop around the yard with said trap stuck to their heads!

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IrishDave said:
I'm probably special but I can donk with the best of them - with no chemical enhancements at all. Just pure donking skill...

I RESEMBLE this remark:D

Unless you have to include B-12 and Vit C or caffeine in that chemical enhancements list?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in anything that will improve your poker performance other than your luck and your skill.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just try to make my mind feel at rest. What I mean by that is try to solve all my outside problems before even starting a game. Even do some good deeds, help someone in any way. Kiss my wife, tell her how much I love her, do something fun with her. Call my dad up and wish him a good day. Clean out the house. I just try to get anything else off my mind. I tried supplements but no supplement can get the stress off my mind and when I am thinking of other things I get tired and I don't focus entirely on my job (poker).

I also eat healthful food as a general rule to avoid feeling weird. I also eat healthful snacks in between meals, like fruits, salads, cereals

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I've noticed this thing that when I'm a little hungry, I play better.

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Vacuuming up massive amounts of meth amphetamine usually does the trick..... Reefer makes you too paranoid that someone has the only 2 in the deck that can beat you... LSD makes the screen too hard to decypher especially when the lava lamp makes a shape you have never seen b4... Cocaine will have you clicking the mouse way too much while making you think you play poker like Doyle Brunson when in reality you Nick is probably better than you....Alcohol well you won't know wtf you just did till someone tells you tomorrow but everybody needs something to talk about the next day....

LOL yeah nail on head right there. I find I play way too scared when smoking sativa, but indica no problems. Alcohol gives a little confidence boost for those tough calls which sometimes you wish you hadn't been so confident about. Poker without a drink or something to smoke just doesn't feel like poker to me.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
does anyone think there is any relationship between what you eat, how much you eat, and how well you play?

I need my 2x cups of coffee, and a spliff before i play the first game of the day. The i need various nice snacks and stuff to help me play.

But iv noticed in the past that if im skint and trying to play iv only got shit food in and no snacks il play worse. I havnt figured out why yet. It might be psycological, or that im missing nutrients and vitamins etc.

2nd cup of coffee on its way down now so il go play 4 morning stts (well, its 12:25pm lol).

wish me luck.

I don't think there is a food that will help you focus or do well at anything or a game that depends on intelligence, especially poker because the longer you play the more you will be surrounded by many changing emotions, in which case even if we want to take painkillers or stimulants at the same time , the result will be disappointing and unsuccessful. Therefore, relying on the natural psychological state is the most successful ;)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I advise you to exercise, as it enhances focus, intelligence and calmness and reduces doubt and hesitation in making decisions

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

If a good diet influences you to be healthy and with energy for the game ... luck and success at the tables ...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe if you eat well, sleep well and exercise- you put yourself in the best position for peak performance.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think if you eat healthy, gets lots of sleep, etc., you will be able to focus more and make better decisions in everything you do, including poker...

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can be improved by practice, luck and skills. But it can be a good debate on this subject ��

L

La reytor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fence you are a genius that I lack my vitamins for the brain, I exercise at rest and you should occasionally eat an apple, I only drink coffee in the morning that is an addiction the day I do not drink a cup of coffee that day the step wrong I get aches and pains, headache and fatigue all day and the pills do not work, it is similar to a hangover

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
coffee is the perfect drink for the poker player)!

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean it's better to play on a full stomach then an empty stomach,

But you can always grab a snack during break etc make a coffee think it will help you a lot since if you play on a empty stomach you will probably focus on that "oh i'm hungry" "oh i havent eaten yet"

so yes i think it can affect on how well you play