Books on poker

spikekat

spikekat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I'm a poker novice & would like some advice on which are the best books to read for beginners to poker. I know that you can lots of info. online but I hate reading from a computer screen for long periods & I also have to fight the wife for computer time as we only have 1 at present. All your advice will be greatly received. cheer spikekat

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it depends on what kind of game you focusing on.
If your into ring the Harington on cash 1 and 2 whould probly be best.
MTT and SNG´s Phil Gordons litle green and blue book(both have some ring info but are mostly geared towards tournements),Harington on holdem 1-2-3 and Supersystem come highly recamented.

But its hard to say what book whould suite you the best with out some backround,any way this thread should have every thing you need https://www.cardschat.com/f49/first-poker-books-86485/

A

AJRiale

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would begin with Phil Gordons Lil green book, or Dan Harringtons- Harrington on holdem Vol. 1

S

steezy_one

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All of these books listed above are good, I found doyle brunsons new book to be very helpfull

spikekat

spikekat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to all of you who replied to my post. The info & links are most welcome. I will also check out some of the older threads on the same subject, cheers spikekat

D

DannyG

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first poker book I read when I first started playing was "Playing Poker To Win. A comprehensive guide to NL Hold'em for beginners and improvers." By Andrea Shavick & Dan Shavick. It helped me, was a good read.

N

nutzzcase

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only book i 've read is Read'em and Reap from joe navarro......it's very useful for live play beacause it gives u a lot of information about tells

Nek

Nek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started out with the mythical and some kind of a poker bible,Super System by Doyle Brunson!!!
It will introduce you and set some sound bases on this magnificent world that Poker is:)

spikekat

spikekat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again for all the replies. It's great to be a member of a forum where members take the time to answer the easiest of questions without making you feel like a fool for asking them in the 1st place. I will be sure to check out your recommendations & report back what i think of them. cheers spikekat

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As above.. for starting out try Harrington on Holdem Vol.1 & Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. Once you get those down, I'd suggest Phil's Little Blue Book and Harrington on Holdem Vol.2.

I've read 'literally' dozens of poker books (probably even a couple dozen in '08). I'd strongly recommend the one's above as they will give you a solid grounding in the game and if you study them you will be way ahead of the game for sure! GL!!