Bluffing Etiquette to Show Successful Bluff or Muck

J

Just_a_Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say that one can justify showing a bluff if they don't plan on bluffing again for a while, or at all. Observant players would have a greater understanding of my bet sizing and bet patterns when I do bluff. And I would have to change gears, though my style of bluffing I used to win the hand was apparently working just fine, and I may have ruined a good thing for myself. I would show a bluff only if I want players at the table to think I am bluffing the next time I make a large raise, therefore, increasing the likely hood of a large call from players. Showing a bluff can also help to put an opponent on tilt and that can be used against them. There are upsides and downsides to showing a bluff. It just might have far more downsides.

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my bluffs. Im always checking the auto muck button because of poker software trackers. My reasoning is it gives less of an opportunity for people to know more about my style of play. The only time i might show is on a final table once i have good reads on my last few victims.

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff vpokere has a very important role in poker, if you know how to use it, then success will be guaranteed to you.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a very interesting technique and if it passes by a beginner, it will necessarily show the cards! A professional rarely does that!

K

kidflash007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hard decision

Hello !!!
I called preflop a min raise with 5s5d , the flop is 6h,9h,5h, he bets again half pot , i called again , the turn is 2d, he bets again , and i called again .then the river is 3h and he goes all in ..and i decided to fold , because i thought that he had a bigger pair preflop with the heart flush draw. Can you give me some notes if i make the right decision ?!!

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 32
ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello !!!
I called preflop a min raise with 5s5d , the flop is 6h,9h,5h, he bets again half pot , i called again , the turn is 2d, he bets again , and i called again .then the river is 3h and he goes all in ..and i decided to fold , because i thought that he had a bigger pair preflop with the heart flush draw. Can you give me some notes if i make the right decision ?!!

Yes, a dangerous hand... but I think in this situation, a bluff))

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with Anki_KB , I think rarily players show a bluff , in order to provoke the others for whatever reason . It's no good for me to show a bluff , that way you get more calls to your bets later , you cannot steal the same well as before imo .

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In tournament poker, no limit holdem, when the blinds get really big you just have to take a chance sometimes to get the blinds, on the button let say is a good place to try.

I do not play cash games I find them too boring.

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not show my cards at all. I think it gives other players a way to read your game, especially if you are bluffing.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello !!!

You did the right thing.
It's possible he had the flash or the straight.
On a bluff here too it seems.
This is purely my opinion.

Last edited:
M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Likely bluff many times when playing poker butt i wouldn't know it all the time cause the cards generally are not shown. Last time I played the villain outplayed me on the river and made a really good bluff and show the table. Naturally I was embarrassed
This got me to think I generally don't show my cards when I made a really good bluff and when I did the rare times it was to piss other fellow off.
How do people handle this ?
Note I not bothered when the whole table folds after limping in when the BB makes his 6x BB raise and collects the blinds and show his 2-3 off suit bluff. The whole table gets fooled but I don't take it personally

Anytime someone shows a good bluff to me, I really try to appreciate the villain intelligence and hand reading. If you play live, it is more embarrassing but in online, no one is around so I put a note on villain and move on. lol
It is hard, but I try my best,:D

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show the card. Bluffing only in rare cases. There is always a player smarter than you, which will uncover your bluff.

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think showing a bluff is a good thing. If you show one, people are more incline to call you and you can't bluff anymore. People get on tilt and call you so bye bye semi bluffing and hand protecting.
Making a hand is hard so why lose the ability to bluff.

Now, if I want to put a player on tilt or get revenge, I show it hahaha

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think showing a bluff is a good thing. If you show one, people are more incline to call you and you can't bluff anymore. People get on tilt and call you so bye bye semi bluffing and hand protecting.
Making a hand is hard so why lose the ability to bluff.

Now, if I want to put a player on tilt or get revenge, I show it hahaha

What you wrote is this statement from one well-known site. This is not your words.;);)

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Likely bluff many times when playing poker butt i wouldn't know it all the time cause the cards generally are not shown. Last time I played the villain outplayed me on the river and made a really good bluff and show the table. Naturally I was embarrassed
This got me to think I generally don't show my cards when I made a really good bluff and when I did the rare times it was to piss other fellow off.
How do people handle this ?
Note I not bothered when the whole table folds after limping in when the BB makes his 6x BB raise and collects the blinds and show his 2-3 off suit bluff. The whole table gets fooled but I don't take it personally

Always muck. If you're called on the river you can say "you're good" then wait for them to show and then muck or you can just show. Try not to do anything crazy.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, but some times bleff, do not work. And we can losing a lot of chips)))

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you wrote is this statement from one well-known site. This is not your words.;);)

Really? I don't know that. There is a chance that I read it somewhere and it carved in my head. Lol
Which site is this?

SAVag

SAVag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show cards with which I win before the showdown. I just do not see the point. And I really like it when opponents show their cards - regardless of whether it's a bluff or a really strong hand.