Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you noticed that sometimes players that normally play solid cards absolutely lose their minds on blind-on-blind play? I find myself on occasion being the beneficiary of players firing massive three barrel bluffs on boards that don't favor them... and like I said, these are players that otherwise seem to play pretty solidly. Curious if I'm the only one who notices this or what people's thoughts of this phenomena are.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Blind on blind can turn into a leveling war slightly easier than other combinations of positions, especially when it is just those two seats left in the pot.

Major factors (asides for learned strategies) quite possibly being that both players are in techinally weak positions (relative to the rest of table) yet both have blinds to defend.

Blind of blind action does have the potential to get spicy.

Usually because the SB range is pretty wide in order to steal the BB and the BB range is wider than usual to defend.

(Wide range + aggression) X (wide range + aggression) = powder keg

💥

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm precisely the guy you're referring to, I've gone berserk with KJ off in big blind, getting it all in pre flop.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was small blind in a game that the big blind probably thought the same of me (and I am a pretty solid player). I was playing multiple games and misread my hand. I thought I had a straight but didn't. I had bet aggressively and felt quite stupid when i realized I didn't have it. I will definitely be paying closer attention going forward.

But in answer to your question, yes I have noticed this. I have seen blinds go allin with the craziest cards, and players calling with crazy cards.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Have you noticed that sometimes players that normally play solid cards absolutely lose their minds on blind-on-blind play? I find myself on occasion being the beneficiary of players firing massive three barrel bluffs on boards that don't favor them... and like I said, these are players that otherwise seem to play pretty solidly. Curious if I'm the only one who notices this or what people's thoughts of this phenomena are.
Sometimes they just got tired of waiting.

And they just look at their own cards and when they find a looser player, they don't know how to fit their range.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m not a big “blind” player, but it does make some sense if you end up in a heads-up situation.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blind is the cost of doing business at a poker table. Shouldn't be the cost of losing a stack as a result.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Clearly there is nothing better than seeing medley of insanity in poker tournaments ?!? I should imagine you could easily see that in CC games aswell so ...

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally, I love going a bit insane in the blinds!!! Not so much when I lose all my chips tho!

I do try to be a little bit more sensible with it now tho.

There's just so many profitable moves to be made in blind on blind play, if you complete and I shove, most likely its a fold. If you raise and I re raise most n its likely its a fold. If I raise and you have garbage cards. then again its probably a fold. However, you can very quickly get yourself in a mess with this kind of aggression, and I have to try and reign myself in when I don't connect.....sometimes! :rolleyes:

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's important to be mentally focused all the time, sometimes I don't make it, I lose my concentration and I tend to lose my chips.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
The blind can defend itself, but you have to know how far to go 😬