Bingo version of NLHE is up and running

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ladbrokes poker.
They introduced the 'all-in-or-fold' games. One starting chip, shove or fold! Only a dollar and a great way to let off steam.
Also introduced the 'double end' games, 8 seats, $5 buy in, winner takes $20, LAST place also takes $20. So there is a shove fest on the first hand with everyone hoping NOT to hit. lol.

I was checking out cards chat members opinions of different sites and found the above. The above was posted a year back.

Below is part of my introduction post, I had no idea ALL IN or FOLD was allready in action.

I was just being sarcastic!!!

I must congratulate you on running a very interesting and up to date forum.

It seems to me that some poker sites are moving towards a new style NLH poker, with 2 buttons, ALLIN or FOLD !

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spoke to some friends last night about the concept of ALLIN or FOLD, we play in a home game together. Six of us are totally opposed to ever playing ALLIN or FOLD on a poker site, enjoying the skill factor of NLHE. Two of them are very excited about the idea of playing ALLIN or FOLD on a poker site. These two guys are single and mad gamblers!

Funnily enough, these two guys have been pushing to get the blinds put up quicker. They both love turbo's, they just love quick action, maybe moving on to ALLIN or FOLD is a natural progression for true gamblers!

I should have kept my mouth shut, I feel the two guys won't be playing our tedious home game much longer!
We will miss them, they are good fun and both love to bluff, they add something special to our home game as risk takers!

Maybe we should compromise with them, and change the blind structure?

jacksprat

jacksprat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was making a point!!

Give it Ten years and NLTHE as we know it, will be a game of the past.

Play around with the RNG (far to many by proportion outdraws), T.V. advertising (showing the outdraws), in live games. Portraying the wronng impression, thus creating the impression of a bingo type game. Result; a new breed of players!

poker sites have messed around with the RNG, and we all know it!!

I don't expect anyone to agree with me, I have just cashed ou a few days ago, from all accounts, before making this post.

Bye for now.

JackSprat44. ex pokerstars

Last edited: