DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is a sort of expansion of another post I made about common newbie mistakes. I asked this question in that post too, but the thread (quite rightly so) went more down the common mistakes route, so I thought I'd ask this particular question in here for people to share their stories.

So, what is your biggest 'Oh, ***insert preferred profanity here***' moment while playing poker? The original intention was to share your major mistake, but would also be good to hear of any positive, shocking moments too.

I don't think I've had any major ones that I can share myself as of yet (no doubt I can come back and add to this when I do).

The only one I had was playing hard on a full house (kings, full of 2's) to only be done out of the pot by 4-of-a-kind 2's... That was a tough pill to swallow...

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At the very beginning, when I started playing poker, I tilted a lot and swore at the room when my AA was run over by pocket 44s or just a hand of 74 offsuit! But over time, I got used to such moments and began to relate easier, as I understand now that sometimes good knowledge in poker is not enough and luck is needed! I realized that I was very focused on such failures, but when I myself moved AA or KK with some bad hand, I thought that it should be so, but I think this is a mistake! In poker, you need to be cold-blooded, otherwise you will not be able to analyze your play and the play of your opponents well! I wish everyone to be a little kinder and good luck at the tables!

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well that kind of moment for me was probably when i was playing AQ suited and lost against AJ on the fifth card.It was about bubble play keep in mind at that time in the tourney.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
over time

over time you will have a lot to share big gains as well as a lot of loss because playing poker not even the pros are free from such a bad beat but over time you will see all these big winning hands and good losing hands for low hands

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The most difficult period for me was when I played without having an idea of bankroll management. This period brought me significant losses and disappointments.
Good luck.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Just recently I had my first misclick-all in (at least I do not remember any before) while I had garbage against kings in a tournament. Somehow I recovered just to lose with kings against a two-outer. Well, that was my last "Oh ****"-moment, but like every player there are many more in the past and many more ahead in the future... :)

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
anytime my pc locks up when I have the nuts..

Usually, it happens when I decide to change my strategy mid-tourney and then I crash n burn when I call when I shoulda folded.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake was overestimating my hands. My biggest success was when I folded full house and my opponent had four of a kind.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five times today?!!!!! I think most of the time it's when I'm trying to get people to fold when I have the winning hand for now. Then I loose

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Two times in this year...
Flush nuts on flop, lose with full house on river.