Biggest Difference Between Live and Online Poker?

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides being able to dominate or be dominated psychologically, live poker usually has a rather normal variance, without statistical miracles. If you have AA you can already declare yourself winner.

online poker does not have that human contact that will spark the game, but you can bet on many more tables at the same time without this means physical expense, in addition to the much loved and hated freerolls.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the live tells are making the major difference between online and live poker and also the fact that you can not multi-table so you have to put your whole thought and energy in one game.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no experience playing live poker. But it seems to me that the effect of immediate presence at the table and a lively environment should influence the players and make them more balanced in their actions and not so crazy. Although, I could be wrong =)

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being able to look at your opponents.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with you, but the difference between live poker and online poker is that you can play several tables in tournaments and cash games at the same time in online poker, while in live poker you will need to sit at one table and play!

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
live tournaments are heavier than online poker since your opponent is near

S

Suprymo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Not seeing faces
2. In real poker you can win more when playing right, just opinion, but raised from observation as well, in online poker when i win i win when i shouldn't for like weeks or months, and if i lose i lose for weeks or months even if playing perfect and making every hand win % like 70 to 30 or similar, it smells that system itself is made this way, Daniel Negrou

said himself if you lose 6 months in a row that not anymore can be considered as bad luck(And that means 6 month can be? :) ), the face of poker stars..

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the biggest difference is not being able to see your opponents, with this, we can not get information from their gestures or their involuntary movements. However we can and we must extract a lot of information with the bets that they make and with the hands they play. That is my point of view, and yours?

If you utilize a HUD it can balance the scales a little between reading opponents live vs online. with a detailed HUD you can easily spot a players tendencies and then exploit it online, where as in a live game you will have to pay very close attention to utilize tendencies.

Organize a Home Poker Game