5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Whats the best way to get paid off on big pocket pairs like AA KK QQ?:)

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know, when i raise i usually scare ppl away. Early in a tourney if u get dealt big pocket pairs and blind's are at 10/20 or 25/50, how much would u raise pre-flop to get max cash from that hand? I normally raise 3xBB or 2/3BB, then i bet 3/4 the pot on the flop. Most ppl just get out the hand at that point.

late in the tourney when blinds are 150/300 or 300/600, should i just be 2xBB or 3xBB. I normally be 2 and 1/2 BB late in tourney w/ big pocket pairs and most times just take down the blinds.

G

GLG-man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest it completely depends on position, stack sizes etc but generally its best to raise 3 or 4x the bb. When you start raising only 2x or even 2 1/2 x you can potenitally start getting 2 or more callers and you don't want that most of the time.

I know its frustrating when you don't get paid off but it's much better than losing your whole stack with AA \ KK when you have given other players value to call and outdraw you.

G-man

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thx G-man

To be honest it completely depends on position, stack sizes etc but generally its best to raise 3 or 4x the bb. When you start raising only 2x or even 2 1/2 x you can potenitally start getting 2 or more callers and you don't want that most of the time.

I know its frustrating when you don't get paid off but it's much better than losing your whole stack with AA \ KK when you have given other players value to call and outdraw you.

G-man

Your right, i don't want to have to many people seeing the flop and giving them a chance to out draw me. Thanks for the advice, i hope it goes well and i start getting paid off more often. It is very frustrating not getting paid off, but i just got to deal w/ it and hope i don't make to many mistakes. :D

ihtennis

ihtennis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends what size your stack is and what the blinds are at the time. But usually, you should raise 2-3 times the BB and after the flop bet about half of the pot to get maximum value out of your pocket pair