Big Blind twice in a row???

Daryl-uk

Daryl-uk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all

As Im not 100% sure on what the rule is on this i thought i had best ask here for emailing the site.

I was dealt the big blind twice in a row on the same table, Nobody had been knocked out on the hand previous to me getting my first big blind and nobody was knocked out on the hand when i was my first big blind if that makes sense.

I was then the big blind again

The dealer button was given to an empty seat on my second big blind but this seat had been empty for a min of 5 or so hands.

As im not sure if this is correct or not any help would be much apreciated.

Cheers

Daryl

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. where do you play?
2. did you just come to that table?

Daryl-uk

Daryl-uk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was at pacific poker.

It was a sit and go with 40 people over 5 tables and i had been at that table from the start.

Cheers

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes no sense. If the button was "dead" (in an empty seat) then the blinds should have advanced as well. Are you sure this is what happened? Do you have the hand histories?

Daryl-uk

Daryl-uk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might actually be wrong, Ive just gone over it again and in actually fact someone did go out! however it still seems abit odd,

Im not sure how to get the hand historys out of pacific so this is the only way i could think of to show you.

Im Dary1

Hand 1

Hand2

Hand3

As you can see in the picture below someone has gone out and i have become the big blind, tapotour is the dealer.

Hand4

And on this picture below i am the big blind again and only the dealer button has moved to a seat that has been empty since the begining i think

Hand5

Cheers all

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, you got it twice. That is so wrong. The button should skip that empty chair. You would think with all the money these sites make that they could take the time to program their game well.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...wow, that's horrible.

E-mail their 'support' and let them know (though the chances of them fixing it this year are about 2%).

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whoa, awful. that is really quite an egregious error. email their support and berate them

Daryl-uk

Daryl-uk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the help people!

I'll definatly be emailing support and see what they say, Ill keep you updated if i get a response.

Cheers

Daryl

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow that's dead wrong. They may as well make 7s better than 9s. I cannot believe a site that big (I've heard of it, so it must be semi-big) would have such a horrible programming error. Also did you check their terms? I know pokerstars just uses a moving button where once in a while people get to skip their blinds. But paying (the big) blinds twice in a row is just wrong. Email their support definitely.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, this is a programming error (as opposed to a stupid rule error). With the moving button rule you can miss blinds (at least in some poker site interpretation) but you should never have to pay them twice. If they used the dead-button rule you'd never get to skip them either.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<writes on notepad> "Dont play on pacific poker"

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW, that's a really bad error on their part.

Raise-a-Thon

Raise-a-Thon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
notes to self: pokerstars' dealer button skips empty seats, full tilt doesn't, and pacific charges you double blinds!

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it would be interesting to see what happened during the three hands prior to you getting ppA's....

did feodora1 pay bb twice too?

Daryl-uk

Daryl-uk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are the three hands prior to me getting pocket A's

He never had the big blind twice, The dealer button passed the empty seat.

Ive not emailed support yet... not sure exactly what to say, the only thing i can think of is sending the pictures above to them and i guess they can check my history!

Here are the hands starting with the one just before my AA

Before 1

Before 2

Before 3

Cheers

Daryl

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please let us know what hilarious response you get to your e-mail.

Daryl-uk

Daryl-uk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will do.

Still waiting for a reply at the moment

MikeGamble

MikeGamble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is Horrible !!!

A Software Error by an Poker Provider,after this Report i will
never Play on Pacific Poker.What will come soon ???? Blind Trust is gone !!!
Thanx for the Report.

Greetings from germany :cheers:

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rigged! Well, maybe not rigged, but unacceptable. Can you imagine being on the bubble in a satellite and missing entry because you double payed the blinds? Is this Pacific? They've been around for years. I am very surprised.

Edit: I Just did a google search for some of the Key Words. party poker, Sofware Bug, Big Blind, Etc. Got nothing. I can't believe this is something that could go on for long without someone complaining about it.

Last edited:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have encountered this before, but I believe at the time my mental state was not totally clear about what might have happened, so I let it slide. It hasn't happened since 'The Act' which leads me to believe it was at Party, which I no longer play at.

When you write their support, include for them exactly what you included here. It didn't take but a second to see what happened. Probably easier to read than a standard HH.

I doubt they will do anything more than say 'Yes, we have received your email, and are looking into it. Please accept this coupon good for a DoubleCheeseBurger, with Fries! and a CHocolate MilkShake'.

Then your account will be frozen and your chat turned off, with banishment shortly afterward.;)

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually you will not get the BB 2x in a row. The only time I've had it happen is when I have been moved to a different table.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Attachments

• info@Party.JPG
    info@Party.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: