Best time to play poker?

TomLeach

TomLeach

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was on pokerstars one night, i played until around 5am, and even though i was fatiguing i saw a massive drop in player quality... Either lots of tired players or people from the other side of europe came on and PSO hasnt even reached them yet ;)

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
Saturday evening and Sunday is best. loose player and bigger prize tournament

G

glenn161274

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what you want to play, obvious that there are more players on a weekend but that comes with alot more variance, as non regulars play fast and loose. But UK time about 4pm seems a good time to start as there are plenty of players on the tables and if you look you can find value on the cash tables..

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fridays/weekends at the evening. That's when the drunk people play, going allin with 78s UTG preflop, making people who play sober a little bit more rich.

S

slash407

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill say noon there seems to be the most players online

07keith

07keith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets play Poker

Hey guys, I've just moved to China, so I haven't had much time to post here or play recently.

But now that I've settled in, I've logged back into carbon and played a few hands. And holy **** are people much worse than I remember.

It's harder to find a game/multitable for sure, but there is always one massive dink who keeps reloading at every table. I mean... this is what I imagine poker was like before black friday lol.
I am a terrible player yet I have been having success at the early hours of the west coast morning...

I'd say 3am - 7 am EST... so 12-4 PST... best for carbon at least.

any other times on particular sites than are good? And do you know why this is? I have yet to play late night on a weekend... my experience this far has all been early week weekdays.

Are people just raging alcoholics early on a Wednesday morning?
the best time to play poker i think is evening time when your body is a little more relaxed, and the sounds of traffic has slowed and everyone in the house is not rambling around, so i would say from 6-7ish WET onwards :)

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, I've just moved to China, so I haven't had much time to post here or play recently.

But now that I've settled in, I've logged back into carbon and played a few hands. And holy **** are people much worse than I remember.

It's harder to find a game/multitable for sure, but there is always one massive dink who keeps reloading at every table. I mean... this is what I imagine poker was like before black friday lol.
I am a terrible player yet I have been having success at the early hours of the west coast morning...

any other times on particular sites than are good? And do you know why this is? I have yet to play late night on a weekend... my experience this far has all been early week weekdays.

3am to 8am EST have the worst players, IMHO, but the bigger question is, "If you are in china why aren't you playing on poker stars?"

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really enjoyed Friday and Saturday nights at PS and FT. Carbon seems to be good any late night or early morning for me.

FEDERICO_23

FEDERICO_23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Saturday is the best playable time!

FEDERICO_23

FEDERICO_23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This was my day today -

PokerStars Torneo n.º 959059447, No Limit Hold'em
Freeroll
10000 jugadores
$10.00 USD añadidos/as al premio acumulado por PokerStars
Premio acumulado total: $10.00 USD
Torneo empezó 12-09-2014 9:00:00 ET

Hola R*******:

Has finalizado el torneo en el puesto n.º 8°. Se ha abonado un premio de 0,10 USD en tu cuenta de dinero real.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Sundays, which is Monday in Australia,

B

BlackShade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Like To Play Poker In The Evenings And Late Night!

B

bunetae1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best is sunday. Saturday only when I am not working

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best days saturday and sunday, best time 1-3am est

maik357

maik357

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I am residing in germany now and I have noticed that when most people in this region,(CET) are asleep or at least not online it is more comfortable to play. I have come to notice that when most people play during the normal day hours CET, are from Europe and Russia, and it is very difficult to keep a cool head from all the donking and fishing that is going on. At the wee hours CET like after 1 am most players are from region South America up til canada and then it is a more comfortable atmosphere on the playing field.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At night or 3 am when some people cannot focus and sleepy.

burgdogky

burgdogky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find the games to be softest on the weekend , especially Sundays and late Friday and Saturdays. Personally, most of the games seem to be tougher during weekday mornings. It's a hit or miss if the games are softer late evenings during the weekdays.

123andyp123

123andyp123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play way too much, but i have to agree that on weekends and late evening there seems to be more drinkers at the tables.I try not to drink when im playing or play low buy in sit n gos.Alcohol def. affects my play.

B

Boyle mrunson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play at night when everyone is sleepy, but as for days, I would say weekdays when there is less players and less chances of getting donk. Sunday I say would be the worst because there are more players who plays like donks and the risk of bad beats are greater. But Sunday definitely is where the most profits lies.

So Sundays are the worst day to play...and the most profitable? Hmmm...

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sunday evenings European time. Don't like playing megafields though, but on every site there are usually either nice satellites or special tournaments to take part.

In general evenings. As there's much more tournaments to choose from.

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time to play poker is always the time u enjoy it the most!!!

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say sunday monday tuesday nights sometimes on friday.

G

gqr31ff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I'm playing in the afternoon but sometimes I can sit up all night depends on the mood and on what turniry.night go sit in Saturdays and Sundays