Best Set-Ups for Mult-Tabling

24Trip

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 6 at a time but am unable to have them on top of one another. I have a problem with multiple tables popping up at same time when my tun to act and folding hands that I would have called or raised with.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play 6 at a time but am unable to have them on top of one another. I have a problem with multiple tables popping up at same time when my tun to act and folding hands that I would have called or raised with.

Haha, that has happened to me a bunch of times before. Sucks so much when you accidentally fold Aces because the window behind it had 72o

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, that has happened to me a bunch of times before. Sucks so much when you accidentally fold Aces because the window behind it had 72o

The trick for me is to never click until it is my turn. That means not using the pre-fold box because then you might accidently click the table behind if it pops up just then. I don't think I've ever folded anything I didn't mean to.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow
Thats some Killer Gear.

Pics are welcome.
icon7.gif

I'm personally running:
2 PC's
One 19" LCD. (height is to small)
icon13.gif

One older 17" CRT.
icon13.gif

2 wireless mice and keyboards.
Simultaneously.
icon4.gif

I am Looking to Upgrade to improve the feel of the game.

Everyone else please join in and show off your Systems.

Thanks

icon6.gif

Why 2 pc's?

And why not run the second as a virtual machine on the first?

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why 2 pc's?

And why not run the second as a virtual machine on the first?

2 PC's
I play better with out overlapping or tiling tables.

:D :D :D

My Current system needs an upgrade.
Main monitor is a 19" LCD.
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

I run 4 to 6 tables on this with up to 2 overlapping.
The second computer has 2 to 4 tables running at a time on a older 17" CRT with some overlapping.
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

Total max of 10 tables at a time.

If I need WiFi I use my work laptop and a VM machine.

I like to see all tables at a glance to catch who is playing:
tight
loose
position
junk

I like to see all tables at a glance ..........

:D

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
24 tabling either cascading/stacking on a 17" laptop is most definately the cheapest option imo, thats what I do :D.

My goodness your honestly insane, I got the same-thing, 17ich HP Laptop, and there is no way In hell, I can do past 9 on this thing...I swear I once tried to multi-table on the micros (.1/.2) got up to 12, and that was just redonkulous, you my friend, are just INSANE :p.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goodness your honestly insane, I got the same-thing, 17ich HP Laptop, and there is no way In hell, I can do past 9 on this thing...I swear I once tried to multi-table on the micros (.1/.2) got up to 12, and that was just redonkulous, you my friend, are just INSANE :p.

I remember watching a video of a 2p2 reg called Ian Barnes when he 12 tabled 6max a coouple of years ago, and I thought exactly the same thing as you. But tbh, with some practice it's fairly simple. However I would only recommend it if you want to become a rakeback whore. Otherwise I think it's important to find the balance of no: of tables to winrate imo.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I use dual monitors--i like samsung monitors fwiw :p maybe cuz im korean.

anyways, I tile for cash games, and I stack for sngs.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use dual monitors--i like samsung monitors fwiw :p maybe cuz im korean.

anyways, I tile for cash games, and I stack for sngs.

How many SNGs can you Tile at a time with two monitors.

What size are the monitors.

Thanks

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is a pic. of my old set-up - - 17" Acer laptop, Dell 15" laptop & a dinosaur 17" monitor.

I'm currently using the 17" Acer & a 24" Acer LED monitor. (& a Really nice chair!! lol... important though imo)
6-tables on the monitor & 4 on the laptop (tiled) for donkaments, 12 + 6 for micro cash tables (12tables there is a very slight overlap width-wise)

Next set-up will probably be a tower & another 24" Acer monitor. (probably should've gone with a 27" originaly but the 24" was real cheap ($149)& works great for me... 2 of them will likely be good enough).

Attachments

• my old setup.gif
    my old setup.gif
    255 KB · Views: 53
F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love the adapted baby changing mat at the front!

Any particular reason why you suddenly decided to bump a 2-year-old thread with a photo of your old setup?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Love the adapted baby changing mat at the front!

Any particular reason why you suddenly decided to bump a 2-year-old thread with a photo of your old setup?
It's a baby blankie wrapped around a 2" thick pice of foam, with a couple of dense pieces of foam at each end. (I get 'poker elbow'.. what can I say).

Was looking over some old threads & decided I liked this one & was curious to see what others are using. Also, been noticing OP's posts, looked at some of his previous then posted on one of them (also cuz I'm bored & putting off going to work.. partially from not feeling too well physically but also not looking forward to the job (taking a couple of refridg to the dump, & a few truckloads of crap left behind by tenants who've been booted).

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's a baby blankie wrapped around a 2" thick pice of foam, with a couple of dense pieces of foam at each end. (I get 'poker elbow'.. what can I say).

Was looking over some old threads & decided I liked this one & was curious to see what others are using. Also, been noticing OP's posts, looked at some of his previous then posted on one of them (also cuz I'm bored & putting off going to work.. partially from not feeling too well physically but also not looking forward to the job (taking a couple of refridg to the dump, & a few truckloads of crap left behind by tenants who've been booted).

Resuscitation of an old post - past is reborn !!!
lol
Old threads are awesome at times and serve as a reminder of what once was.
My current suggestions would be to focus on the chair, then the monitors.
Tons of hours in comfort is definitely a step in the right direction.

I hope your feeling better and the trip to the dump went uneventful.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
focus on the chair, .
I should prob post pics. of chairs in here ;)
'Chairs' ftw!!
I've got a beaut, pd. ~$460.00 for it.... really comfortable!
Had a couple of decent scores on my 'dump runs' (not all yesterday, a couple from ~2mths. ago) - - a 'really' nice computer chair (brand new, retail ~$350) & a super nice glass desk (9' x 4'). Yesterday picked up a Dell computer speaker setup (subwoofer & speakers), a decent couch & a Dell Flat screen monitor.
so the day wasn't all that bad
dump wouldn't take the refridgerators (looked 'em up online & said they did.. but moved location for that & was closed by the time I got there).. sick again this morning but not as bad as yesterday... pretty much sick every morning now (getting used to it)... & tks!

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That monitor is older than me!
Our Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400 has finally given up the ghost recently, was thinking about hiring a crane to lower it down out of the loft hatch! :p

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am actually still rocking an ancient 15 inch CRT as well, albeit as a second monitor. My main monitor is nothing special though. Just a old 21 inch Samsung LCD. I stack all my tables on it. No need to spend a bunch on monitors if you stack.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So here's what I'm getting next. (3 x 23in. Samsung, & 6 x 23in. Samsung)

Attachments

• 3 x 23in.gif
    3 x 23in.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 6 x 23in..gif
    6 x 23in..gif
    92.8 KB · Views: 16
  • rear view.gif
    rear view.gif
    123.7 KB · Views: 16