The best poker players of history

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that because of won bracelets, won tournaments, main events won and money won Phil Hellmuth so far is the best player there is today, although many do not like his way of being the best poker player in the world

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is out of competition! This is by far the greatest poker player! And it's not the number of bracelets won (although it's just fantastic), but the way he plays! Each of his participation in tournaments is a whole show! Poker for him- this is his life.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think Daniel Negreanu is the best poker player. Of course there are also many other strong professional players, but I think Daniel has the most outstanding achievements.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chris Ferguson earned over $ 120,000, starting with freerolls. because it requires certain qualities.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I have to say and I know many will disagree but I think Stu Ungar was the most naturally gifted poker player ever ... I know his life was a nightmare created in large part by himself, he wasn't even known for being the nicest person, but when it came to Poker and blackjack this guy was on another level ...

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have three favorite players and I think they are the best. This is Jason Mercier, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey.

nikoszwtos93

nikoszwtos93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me from the players I have watched is Phil Ivey.
The guy is absolutely legend.And somewhere near is Negreanu..I love watch this 2

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phil helmuth daniel negreanu phil evey this is a monsters...

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth was the best of his time. His peak over! Today there are players like Deeb, Campbell or Sammartino, who are current the best of the world. Of course Negreanu always belongs to the top players!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are a lot of strong players, but in my view Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey are some of the best poker players in modern history.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always though Stu Ungar had an advantage at the table. Seemed to be able to outplay everyone else.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
My favorite professional player is Jason Mercier. I really think he is the best poker player.
Good luck.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who do you think it is?

with all due respect to all the players that already existed or will still exist, but I will be the greatest player in the history of poker !!! one day when you read "A S Mautone Jr" three times champion of several tournaments, you can remember this post and charge me a thousand dollars!
take out a print screen and save it as an investment title.

:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

malitoxdk16

malitoxdk16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me they are Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best players are ranked by the gains they have earned throughout their career, among them we find Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey. Stu Ungar, Doyle Brunson, Antonius, among others ..

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very different to compare players from different poker periods as the game evolves constantly and skills needed for success also shift with it. It is also very difficult to decide which criteria to use to tell who is the greatest. Will it be the total money won? This is logical but you should also take into account for what time these money were won, in how many tournaments and also to take into account the different value that 1 million $ had back in the 70s for example compared to now. Or will it be the bracelets? Good but can you compare wsop main event from the 70s with tens of players to a modern one with thousands of players? For me best way is to just add best players from every poker era to the hall of fame and not try to crown somebody as best of all times.

OmgCandy1907

OmgCandy1907

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey, I think he is one of the best “offline poker players”