surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
  1. Phil Ivey
Phil Ivey is considered by many as the greatest poker player of all time. With over $31 million in tournament winnings and ten world series of poker bracelets to his name, Ivey is a legendary player. His ability to read opponents and his aggressive playing style make him a difficult player to beat.

1. Daniel Negreanu
With over $42 million in tournament winnings and six World Series of Poker bracelets, Daniel Negreanu is another exceptional player. Known for his outgoing personality and his ability to read opponents, Negreanu is one of the most popular players on the circuit.
"What is your best player?"

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can we really say that the best poker player is the one that won the most prizes? No matter the time playing, or the professional behaviour?

Also, there are a lot of poker players who have not a huge profit score but made a lot for the game, becoming influencers or embassors that changed the way poker is seen by the world. I could list a bunch of them.

What do you think?

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the poker GOAT debate has the same problems that other sports debates, especially because of the advencement of technology and computers

It is really tough to compare current players to players in the 70s and 80s

My personal top 5 would be: Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth, Doyle Brunson, Stu Ungar

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me there is no good or bad player, who devotes more time to the game is the best.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly to me is Phil Ivey, man.

And I don't take BR, wins and bracelets so much into account.

To me the play style and felt behavior is what makes Ivey the best of all.

The ones that inspires me the most are the best.

I could mention a few other and many of them are pretty much under the radar but it would take a little research also so, I'll stick to Ivey as the best on my perspective.

Definitely wins and bracelets are not a north on this decision cause I find Hellmuth far from being a reference.

Anyways, wish y'all a great time at the felt being it virtual or live.

Cheers!!!

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is very debatable so there is no correct answer on this
I like Negreanu, but there are plenty more...

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Can we really say that the best poker player wins the most prizes? Doesn't play time matter, or professional behavior?

In addition, there are many poker players who don't have a great winning score but who did a lot for the game, becoming influencers or ambassadors who changed the way the world views poker. I could list a lot of them.

What do you think?
You're right, there are many people who have made poker grow. obviously as moneymaker and many more

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Honestly for me it's Phil Ivey, man.

And I don't take into account BR, victories and bracelets so much.

For me, the style of play and the heartfelt behavior is what makes Ivey the best of all.

The ones that inspire me the most are the best.

I could mention a few others and many of them go quite unnoticed, but it would also be necessary to do some research, so I stick with Ivey as the best from my perspective.

Victories and bracelets are definitely not a factor in this decision because I find Hellmuth far from being a reference.

Anyway, I wish everyone a great time at Felt, whether virtual or live.

Cheers!!!
R