best poker players

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you explain how this would be the case when 99.% of poker is not played HU....and many poker games arent really suited for HU play?
ok I should have said "win in tough games". HUNL and nlhe 6m aren't that different, and I think in general the better nlhe player would be the one who could beat the other HU.

The best player is effectively the best HU player?
The best HU player is one who can beat anyone else in the world, so yes.

Isildur has done absolutely nothing in MTTs except win a small field high roller...nice win but hardly meaningful at all.
No one has a meaningful sample size in live mtts. No one. I think using live mtts to determine skill is pretty dumb.

Isildur has just started playing draw games, so....I wont comment.
And he's crushing them. Isn't he up like 5mil this year already? He's been playing 4k/8k o8 3-tabling 3 different people who are all world-class o8 players. I don't know enough about o8 strategy or know anyone good at o8 to ask so idk maybe he's on a heater.
Isnt Isildur like the biggest loser in online PLO in history, lol?
Right because like 10k hands of HUPLO is a huge sample size. Pretty sure Galfond (who's widely considered one of the best if not the best plo player right now) said he thought isildur was a very good plo player, but even if he's not maybe it's his one weak game.
I love Isildur, I think Isildur has almost limitless potential in SH/HU NLH...and probably even MTT play if he can change gears at all.
If you're a good cash game player it's not hard to play mtts lol. The only changing gears that is required is learning how to play against tables full of retards.

I think putting forth a guy who wasn't even clearly up in poker lifetime a few months ago as the world's best poker player is pretty LOL.

All the top HUNL players consider him top 5 in the world, and he's battling the top players at a ton of games at nosebleed stakes and winning. Maybe he's just running hot, who knows, but I think there's a very good chance that he's near the top in most games that get spread today, and he's not a bumhunter like some of the other top pros, he really will play anyone.