Being to polite at the tables?

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you're basically balancing your "nh"-commenting range ;)

Indeed ha ha! And then when the antes kick in, I increase the frequency of my 'nh' comments to steal peoples' hearts as well as their chips! Just realised how pretentious my posts are for this thread! :D

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jesus christ people, unless it is a super duper mega fish who is very talkative, you should not ever say anything unless it is a friendly cc game or something

Or maybe if you are drunk on stars???

lol

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have time to type in the chat box, you're not playing enough tables(srs).

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to encourage fish to continue to make bad plays.

NOT by calling them a donk, fish etc.

However, I keep notes on people who Ive seen tilt easily. If this is the case I WILL try to make them tilt, and spew.

Call me a dick if you want. Im here for the Loot.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's never a waste of time to be polite.:D

^^^ This is the truth.

However, no one expects anyone else at an online table to say anything at all, ever. Not that they expect everyone to STFU, but I never expect anyone to say anything.

I know how to find the mute action.

TheDevilsLuck

TheDevilsLuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nh? What are you guys playing spades? This is no team game and you are trying to take other peoples money. The fact is that, if a hand was played so well; you would never know. nh is just the tilters way of saying, "I think you suck please stay."

E

Eyekall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion on this is a lot of players multi table as I do and i dont like to chat and hardly ever look at chat only in privatte games ususally do I chat so if someone says NH to me or soemthing its not that i"m being rude as i probably didnt even see it cuz if someone says it to me and I see it i udaully do respond but very seldom say it as i move the next hand and table right away...

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nh? What are you guys playing spades? This is no team game and you are trying to take other peoples money. The fact is that, if a hand was played so well; you would never know. nh is just the tilters way of saying, "I think you suck please stay."

LOL, I love this:D

H

hawtshawt420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can tell you what really annoys me more than anything though at a table though is when you fold or if someone wins at showdown and they say "thanks" that really does tilt me a bit or boils my blood for some reason..

I don't like this either. It's pretty a-hole.

As far as the nh, I do it only a few times. I'm a tourney kid so once they register they're in and can't leave or reload (don't usually play rebuy). so keeping donks around is different. I think it can be a bit annoying when someone says "nh" or something similar after 90% of the hands. It can start to be insincere. It's just annoying when someone calls down with 67 and hits mid pair on flop and two pair on river. That's not a nice hand. Not necessarily awful, by other pieces of the game but don't say nh just because someone won a pot.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo nh should never be used in AIPF hands. It should only be used if one player significantly outplays the other.

CSuave

CSuave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all, Just wondering what your thoughts are on this subject..Is too polite actually being rude, for instance, I'm a typer myself (I can't help it, I scream, Right down my feelings, Tell them off (But afterwards usually Say something down the lines of Sry, just tilting or similar)...

So usually when I see a player with a good hand that wins, I'll say gh, nh, but I constantly say this after every hand, and I never get a reply...So this makes me wonder is it really annoying to say such things? I personally don't care both ways for the lack of replies just got me thinking is saying gh, nh, vnh, and so forth and so on really just a waste of time?

The only time I try to use the NH statement is when someone has really played a hand very well or I am trying to control my own tilt. I force myself to say NH no matter how poorly I feel someone played a hand in order to trigger my cooldown mode.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all good responses all, ty for your input. I never really thought using the nh so many times would actually be rude in any sort of manner at all...Yet as most have pointed out, "saying nh when your not in a hand", can be interrupted as a sort of Needle to the other player (Loser), and since it's not my place to actually state it, Since I wasn't even in the hand, I should start practicing to stay out of my own business..

Thx all

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never say anything at the tables no negative no positive its better this way so dont know if i am steaming or not smoe time i pretend i dont speak english so they think i am not rude but challenged

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never say anything at the tables no negative no positive its better this way so dont know if i am steaming or not smoe time i pretend i dont speak english so they think i am not rude but challenged

HAHAHAHAHA Love it, I've got to do this one Sometime in the Future....

Me Speaka No English:D

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like most comments, "nh" is best used sparingly - when you really mean it, or when you want to encourage bad play or someone showing their cards.

I don't think it's rude when overused, but I find it strange when someone says "nh" after every hand. It loses its meaning and becomes robotic. I'll say "ty" a couple of times and then ignore it. I don't want to say "ty" every time I win a hand if someone is just "nh"ing repeatedly regardless of whether there was really something "nice" about each hand.

polingpower

polingpower

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time i have chat off till hu's... gl, gg about, again most of the time

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me, Im a shocker, I get to emotional when I have a bad beat.

When it comes to being polite, its all in moderation.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I rarely bust out the nh (nice hand). If it truly was a nice, and well played hand, then I'll say it.

Usually I just stick to the occasional gh (good hand). For me this implies that while they might have been a totally lucky fisstard, their hand was good in the end and it makes them feel better. I like to encourage bad play and I feel by saying gh that if they see it they think what they did was right and will do it again.

I couldn't care less if they reply or not.

This goes for me. It would be rare to hand someone the nice hand compliment or even good hand, but I hate losing. Now "nice Hollywood" comes out more often. I really enjoy a good performance. Last week a guy at my table held his cards in one gand like he was going to muck and his chips in the other hand as if he was going call the all in (it was bubble boy time). He did this for a good minute. One hand said one thing and the other the exact opposite. Could not help but comment afterwards that it was the best drama I'd ever seen at a table I was playing at.

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aint poker hard enought that i had to stand the rude poeple at the table its hard enought losing at the tables and it is even harder to lose it to an A.H that run his mouth at the table just to steam the other players off their game

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is one of the problems with people playing 8 tables at a time ... they have no time to be polite ... altho sometimes they will make time to be rude

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't bother much with nh but will almost always reply to one with a thank you. Especially if i know that they are being sarcastic. :)

To the OP, a lot of players won't respond because their chat is off or they want you to think it is.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just can't stand it when some jackass says thank you after making a ridiculously bad all-in call and sucks out when nobody tells them nice hand. Being polite is never a problem to me but taking what is usually done as polite and using it doing something this rude just ticks me off big time.