• Thread starter Fish Among Sharks
  • Start date
F

Fish Among Sharks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys, Im going to give this poker thing another try. Was playing and took a break about the middle of last year. Nothing to brag about. Had a little sucess with sit n gos but never much luck with cash games.

I only can play an hour or two later at night due to work and family. I have about $50 left on my PS account and about $40 on my bodog account (left over from the NFL season). So any suggestions on what games and levels you'd suggest me starting at.

Thanks

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to use the ever-popular, "it depends" response. I play mainly full ring cash games, so for those your bankroll is going to limit you to the lowest levels. Should be 2nl with 25 buy-ins at PS. Could POSSIBLY give 5nl a shot, but you are seriously underfunded for that with only 10 buy-ins, so you need to be ready to drop down fast if you don't start winning immediately.

I'm not really a tournament player, but with that small of a bankroll I'd imagine its probably the same situation. Stick to tournaments with buy-ins of $1 or so to give yourself some chance of weathering the amount of varience that comes with tournies without going broke.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way, I just noticed that this was your first post. Welcome to CardsChat:) . We'll certainly help you spend your money;) .