Become smarter by playing poker

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can teach you to be more tactical and calculated in every day life.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that poker in some way stimulates the brain, but in addition to the game you still need to self-educate yourself, read something, play sports, if the person is at least charging.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And where did you get that from? Sources? Honestly, I do not believe that playing poker has such a great benefit.

Last edited:
xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker can be very beneficial to your mental capabilities and development. That is, if you use it. I see a lot of players who make moves without thinking, so the act of playing isn't giving them the advantages as someone who studies the game, thinks through the game, focuses, examines and evaluates what other players do and forms strategies to beat these other players. Much like everything else, you are only going to get out of poker what you put into it.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I also see the obvious advantages of playing poker. Personally, I became more patient, in addition, it is a great exercise for discipline.
Good luck.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that not only poker allows older people to maintain their mental abilities at a good level. For this fit any crosswords and logic puzzles.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely agree, poker develops memory and trains the brain.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's possible that poker helps. If you constantly doing the maths in your head and trying to watch all your opponents and see how they play, then i'm sure poker would help. There are some that don't even watch the game they play, in this case it probably doesn't help your mental health.