Bankroll Management and Multi-tabling

A

Aleeki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heya

My current bankroll is $600. I am playing FR NLHE.

Obviously using proper bankroll management I should be playing 25NL.

I usually multi-table 4 tables of 25L. Can I do this and still be within bankroll management 'rules'? Or do I have too much on the tables at the same time.

Also, if the above is ok to do then is there any difference between 4 tabling 25NL and 2 tabling 50NL?

Obviously doing this I would still have the same amount of $$ in play but I wonder whether this is a no-no?

Appreciate your opinions on this.

Cheers

pokertime911

pokertime911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats up man I am in a very similar situation my BR is also 600 and I pretty much only play SNG's and the occasional MTT. I just started today with 400$ and moved up to 20+2 1 table sngs and got to 600$. I go by the 5% rule in which never gamble more than 5% of your stack. 25$ games are around 4% so you are still considered in the rules of Bank managment. Its mostly about whether you are combfertable with playing with higher stakes if not dont play them.

A

Aleeki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So even though the $100 I have in play at any one time is above 5% of my roll is that still considered ok?

Should I technically only be playing 1 table of 25NL or does the multi tabling part of it not come into play when talking about BRM?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats up man I am in a very similar situation my BR is also 600 and I pretty much only play SNG's and the occasional MTT. I just started today with 400$ and moved up to 20+2 1 table sngs and got to 600$. I go by the 5% rule in which never gamble more than 5% of your stack. 25$ games are around 4% so you are still considered in the rules of Bank managment. Its mostly about whether you are combfertable with playing with higher stakes if not dont play them.
NO, u are playing higher than ur roll, the 5% rule is for cash games, and for sngs and tournies it is like 1 to 2%
So even though the $100 I have in play at any one time is above 5% of my roll is that still considered ok?

Should I technically only be playing 1 table of 25NL or does the multi tabling part of it not come into play when talking about BRM?
no u can multi table with ur roll, as long as u have less than 5% on each table ur playing within ur roll

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no u can multi table with ur roll, as long as u have less than 5% on each table ur playing within ur roll

Pantin's basically correct here, but multitabling does add an extra element of riskiness in that if you're not completely used to it, or if you're experimenting with more tables for the first time (6 as opposed to 4 for ex), then you should probably give yourself a little more BR padding just in case.

I 8-table, and I think I waited until I had $1500 before moving to 50nl, and $3k before I hit up 100nl, and it's definitely helped.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management