Bankroll management & Chris Ferguson challenge

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.

I am taking up a similar challenge (check out my other posts) but I have a question I can`t find an answer to.

A lot of what Chris says in his article is base around `don`t put more than` or `never exceed`, etc.

A guide I could do with is what levels should you play at as your bankroll goes up.

Some of the site I play at I could put my total bankroll in to playing $0.02/0.04 Stud hi lo, but it would take forever to build up a bankroll at that level.

I have played at $0.50/ 1.00 (sometimes higher) limit holdem/ Stud/ Razz and I was doing ok - not making a massive amount but not loosing.

My bankroll is spread between 4 sites (comments on this would be interesting) I withdrew a lot of cash to do the challenge and I have about the following in each account
  • Pstars $25
  • Party $35
  • Ladbrokes $35
  • Titan $6
The reason the figs are like they are is because I took off the hundereds of dollars (I had $325 in Pstars, $235 in Party, $435 in Ladbrokes and I had $6 in Titan that I had not played for a while.

As I`m typing this a few questions have come to mind

• Did Ferguson only play one site.
  • Should I put the cash into one site only (I would find that boring :mad: )
  • When playing ring gams, what level should I play.
So guys, any thoughts or points would be good :)

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play fixed limit ring games, then your bankroll should be about 300 big bets worth. So for 1/2$ that would be $600. If you play no limit ring games, then you should have at least 20 max buyins. So for the same $1/2 game typically max buy in will be $200, so you should have $4000 in your bankroll. If you play tournaments, the guidelines are a bit different.

Also, if you are decent at stud hi-low, the games at Stars are very soft at least up to the levels I've played ($1/2). So once you build just a little bit, you should be able to grow your bankroll there easily.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Along the lines of what Skol said. I received $10 free cash at Absolute (I know, don't tell me) a month or two ago. Between playing at my "regular" sites, FT and PS, I played micro limit stud h/l and Omaha h/l. The games are extremely soft if you are somewhat knowledgeable in those games. Between that and playing occasional $1 and $2 sngs I have increased my bankroll there to almost 60 bucks. And that's with occasional play. I think the key is patience and not jumping up a level before your BR is enough to handle the variance.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So should we be counting the bankroll per site or as a total???

T

Texsturg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think that you can count your BR at all sites if you wanted but the Ferguson challenge was based on what he did only on FT. Good luck to you on whichever you choose.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management