Bankroll Management

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So bankroll management should always be respected. This is part of the discipline, otherwise the occupation in poker will be at a loss and not effective. Do not try to go to big limits at the first opportunity, there will be a loss of bankroll and time in vain. The temptation of fast money will lead to decay

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
BRM guidelines are only a suggestion. Personally I don't feel comfortable playing with less than 50 buy-ins for whatever stakes (either cash or MTT) I'm playing.

Generally, the more buy-ins you have the better, but its up to the individual player. Your roll should be deep enough so that it allows you always play your A game and not tilt or be anxious about downswings, variance and bad beats.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All this info you guys are giving are very useful. I will be using the to start my true bankroll cause i really have been doing bad with the bankroll management. I'll just put all this into practice.

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So bankroll management should always be respected. This is part of the discipline, otherwise the occupation in poker will be at a loss and not effective. Do not try to go to big limits at the first opportunity, there will be a loss of bankroll and time in vain. The temptation of fast money will lead to decay

Wise words

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wise words
Thank you. Accustoming myself to discipline at the table and managing the bankroll, I began to move more often in the game upwards, to be in the prize zone, which means that everything that contains poker has important elements for success in it. Poker as a living organism. It is better not to joke with him)

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played for a living from 2003-09, $200 and $400 tables, and my rule was to always have at least 10 buy-ins. So if I dipped below $4000 I would only play the $200 tables. I think it was much easier to play for a living back then and one should probably have more of a cushion now. The only times I really had trouble was because I had pulled too much out to spend.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, bankroll management is a very important thing in poker. If you can,t controll yourself you can,t build a good bankroll. Play only limits, that you can play safety. No need to go for the risk and play expensive games.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im suppose to be operating on 100 buy in bankroll, but my OCD has pushed me to a 1000 buy in strategy, super slow but my anxiety is just right.

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are addressing what I believe to be the most important factor for a player's success:
Bankroll control.
I try to keep the 50 buy ins

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This month I started to follow proper management, as I deposited little money, I continued with a management of 60bb, but I believe that 100b + is the ideal.
I learn a lot by seeing tips like yours !!!

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly Mtt or S&G but if im siting at cashtables or fast forward then i dont put more then 1/5 of my bankroll in play i mean if i got 1k $ then i join max 1/2$ stake.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is one of my weak areas in the game, just wanted to pop in and say thank you to all the people taking the time to post and help out a lot of great infor and really appreciate it

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a completely different attitude to controlling my bank roll . I have a deposit limit per week , with a daily loss % , My main control , is , a amount that i auto withdraw at and start over . You will see me in the occasional high buy in , only because i have satellited in . I enjoy the grind , but wouldnt play if i didnt make a profit . My favorite gambling quote , is , Never Chase and Always Run .

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, constantly making investments in a bankroll, this is not poker. Pampering. It is necessary to strive from the first source of investment to develop a bankroll further. It's like a business. Otherwise, a waste of money and time.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think bankroll management is one of the hardest things to get under control when playing. It's something I struggle with (playing too high stakes and losing it all). It takes a lot of consistent patience which is hard

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll, an important tool for those who want to succeed in poker.
Respect the rules of bankroll, you need to accustom yourself from the earliest stages of development as a player.
*I lost my first bankroll, and realized that this way I will not go far with such discipline.
now I respect myself as a player, respect the rules of bankroll and everything that poker requires of me

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, constantly making investments in a bankroll, this is not poker. Pampering. It is necessary to strive from the first source of investment to develop a bankroll further. It's like a business. Otherwise, a waste of money and time.
If you dont learn the benefits of withdrawals , you will constantly be investing in your bank roll . Constant tilts , playing above your ability level and bad runs are all tempered by having a bottom out amount . Management of your bank account is the most important step to winning poker . Most first big time winners , wish they had stopped playing poker there and then . Only ever one winner and very few win twice . G/L as , like myself , your going to need it .

S

sanek18_1999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D:D:D

Bankroll Management?Never heard of him.

Last edited:
Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you dont learn the benefits of withdrawals , you will constantly be investing in your bank roll . Constant tilts , playing above your ability level and bad runs are all tempered by having a bottom out amount . Management of your bank account is the most important step to winning poker . Most first big time winners , wish they had stopped playing poker there and then . Only ever one winner and very few win twice . G/L as , like myself , your going to need it .
It's too early for me to think about the advantage of withdrawing funds from a bankroll. To do this, I need to become a successful player at certain stages of poker, so that there is stability in this and for life and the game on

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management