Bankroll Management

A

azman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No charts needed. Just use my handy dandy excel calculator. It auotmatically calculates the stakes you should be playing by entering in your bankroll. It uses 5% of your bankroll for Cash and single table SNGs and 2% for MTTs.

Thank you, much appreciated :D

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Proper bankroll management won't keep you from losing money if you move up to a level where you're -EV. It will just allow you to lose less before you drop down again. If you've moved up and lost your roll more than a couple of times, which could happen fairly easily due to variance, you might want to consider that you're trying to go higher than the current level of your game will take you.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prior to being swayed over to Cardschat by the overall pleasant demeanor of the members here, I was a regular on another Forum primarily populated by very young, aggressive, rude yet successful players. Though clubby, clicky and rude, they have a very informative educational system set up for bankroll management. There is where I picked up the 1-2 system for MTTs and ring games respectively.
Basically, if you never exceed 1%BR for MTT and 2%BR for Ring games, you’ll never have issues surviving the tough periods. It’s a tough discipline.

:party:

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management