Bankroll and bigger tourneys advice

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been playing poker for some time now but allways live games with some friends(just 10bucks buy in.80-100prize). So a bouht 6monthes ago i thought i try online poker,i tought i was good a poker coz i allways beat my friends(i was wrong).
So i put 50bucks on fultilt and startit playing i lost most of that money pretty fast. Until i startit checking out some of these websites and trying to improve my game,bankroll and tilt skils.
i only play in small tourneys and tournements with no more then 2.25-3.30 buy in and a lot of freerolls.

Now i mange to win alot more and my bankroll is up to a heavty 70bucks :eek:.
I am just whandering when to u guys thing i shut move up to the 5.50 tables, is 70 a now?

ive i whut have to rate my self as a player i porbly be considred a avrege super aggresive player. I play few hands and raise and re-raise a lot.

thanks for reading this and maby posting and thanks for a great website

p.s sorry a but the spelling english is not my native tounge

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are plenty of threads on bankroll management on CC, so try the search utility I'm sure you will find the answers there. I think your bankroll should have at least 20 x buy ins, preferably more. So for the $5.5 games aim for at least a BR of $100+.

K

kingsmalls

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes money to make money in poker, meaning if you can win money from freerolls but after that you must make that money bigger so that you will be able to play for more worth while games.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
General consensus is that you should have 50 to 100 buy-ins for tournaments. If you are a super agressive player, you should shade to the higher end. Therefore, you are already playing way high for your bankroll. $1 is a better size.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
General consensus is that you should have 50 to 100 buy-ins for tournaments. If you are a super agressive player, you should shade to the higher end. Therefore, you are already playing way high for your bankroll. $1 is a better size.

I use to think this, but I think this is a little bit too nitty. I think if you use a decent stop/loss strategy and drop down if you lose 5 bi's then 20+ should be sufficient (I personally work on around 30 BI's). I would certainly recommend 50-100 if your multi tabling heavily imo.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My FT br is now in the $200 range, and I could probably justify moving to the $5 tourneys, but I'm not yet feeling comfortable at the $1-3 tourney's. So, being in no rush as I know I won't be turning pro real soon, I will bide my time, slumming with the fish till I know how to win when I want to, and where I want to, or come awfully damn close to that.

If you can't bide your time, then just jump in with both feet running, but be prepared to suffer severely ugly setbacks.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management