Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
First rule for me is not playing tournaments i cant. Second rule is not going crazy on tables, i try to stay solid. :D

jhonny977

jhonny977

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
that's the most important thing about poker

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you control your banks?
Hi,

you can use a tracker (Pokertracker4, HoldemManager3 or similar) to track your results and plays if you play on PC.
The PC solution gives you also the option to review yours and villains play.
Another option is to set up a Google docs, Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice Calc sheet where you can document your losses and wins.
Or old school a little Book (vocubulary learning book) where you can do it with a pen.
There are some solutions for live players that work on mobile phones.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For myself, I found the most convenient way to manage bankroll is to create a simple document and write down your wins and losses after each session. This helps with self-discipline and allows me to quickly track obvious deviations from my acceptable norm.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How do you control your banks?

It's Easy, Ask yourself How big your Bankroll is? and if you Divide it by 100 then the maximum buy in is the answer, There is no use telling yourself you can deposit $100 and then start buying in for $25, because 4 games later you are back to the deposit screen giving more of your money away.
I have had days where I could not make the money no matter how hard I tried, and lost 10 straight games, but I have come back the next day and cashed in every game I played, making that money back and more besides.
But I never buy-in for more than 1% of my Bankroll, Sure it is a small investment, but Rome was not built in a day and if it's worth winning it's worth working for.
Poker is hard work, and takes a lot of patience and study. So it is with your Bankroll, Respect it, look after it, and in time it can grow, and the bigger it grows, so does your buy-ins. Don't try to Run before you can Walk, and certainly learn how to Crawl first! That's how a successful, profitable player does it.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
The hardest thing is the bankroll managnent, we al want to win the most money in the shortest time possible, and that gets you into heaps of trouble

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stick to my limits, dont move up levels when the bankroll is not suited to it. Dont chase losses and know when to take a break when you are on a bad run. And never play slots with your poker bankroll.