Bank control

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you control your game limits? No? Yes? If you control it, tell me how you did it.

Personally, I am still struggling to control my bank.

I always play something only if i have 100+ entries at that sng or mtt.
Sometimes , i give some shots, but that s all.
bankroll management and a solid gameplay are the best.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
200-300 buy-ins per limit, stop loss per session 3-4 buy-ins and no problems :)

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you control your game limits? No? Yes? If you control it, tell me how you did it.

If you have problems with this, then you can limit access to limits that you can not afford. You can do this in pokerstars in the settings, but in other rooms you can probably write in support so that they restrict your access. Has anyone done this on rooms other than PokerStars?

V

Vinnielfc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find you have to be safe and control your bankroll I only pay with 2/3percent of my bank roll, otherwise I'd lose my roll.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also terrible at managing my bank roll so don't worry you aren't the only one lol...I try to set a pre determined limit on my buyins or cash games before I begin playing so I don't screw myself over

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard for me to control my bank. But I'm an amateur, not a professional

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, i can never control myself when it comes to my banckroll. I play nonstop the winnings I have made in roulette poker. I know, it's pretty stupid on my part. but I can never get away from it.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I control it

I think I control it, because I play a low stack, but I have had 450 dollars and I have played the sunday of $ 109, $ 11, also the hot ones of $ 82, $ 55, $ 44, $ 22 and I ended up losing them, but I take them as experience Since I would never have loaded that amount of silver to play them, I usually make charges of $ 25

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker every day, I pay a small price for tournaments, plus I feed my addiction daily. The hardest thing is to win tournaments constantly and become a profitable player, I still haven't got it.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly freerolls and now I have a $20 bankroll and trying to enter .25 tournaments, which I think is appropriate. I do an occasional 6.60 tournament but that happens once a week and I try to earn it back if I bust by playing smaller stake MTTs.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll managment it's first rule wich you need remember.
Spin`n`Go ~ 100-150 byu-in
Tournaments ~ 100 byu-in
Cash games ~ 100 byu-in

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's easy, once you get used to doing it right! :)
I am always having 50 buy-ins for my tournaments. Based on that, I choose my buy-in levels.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Are you okay?

It really is a very interesting issue, I have been playing for a long time and I don’t have enough investment to have a bank for descendants mtt's. banking control, and tilt control as well. I suffer a lot with this because it is a tremendous up and down you get to go 40 tournaments without winning and when you win you only recover what you lost you have to have a lot of stomach ...
You should adjust your mind set according to what is comfortable for your brain. There are several studies on bankroll management, the most traditional is to play with 100 buyins back, but you also have aggressive bankroll management and others.

nguyenboom91

nguyenboom91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Control bankroll?

Anytips to control bankroll with cash or tour?
please help?

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try enabling the bankroll display in big blind in the settings. This will allow you to correctly determine the current position in the game.

Y

yilim1847

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
RE: discussion topic

Self discipline for sure.

I would say that is my #1 short fall. I definitely let variance get to the best of me and start opening up my ranges and try to just force my way through it. So... dont do that lol thats how i punted alot of $$.

stick to a 1/20 or 1/50 rule. do your best not to chase during tourneys.

nguyenboom91

nguyenboom91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I allways control my bankroll. Only one time, at the begining of my amateur poker carreer, I lost all my deposit BR, that was $10 + $10 doubled by PS.
To avoid this, I play a lot of freerolls and I allways play games payed that had a buy in that represent 2%/1% or less of my bankroll.
For exemple, if I have $50 bankroll, I can play buy in games of $1 or $0,5 and when the bankroll decreases due to downsing, i regrete the amount putted in play, or just halt payed games and play only freerolls for a while.
It allways work for me.
I lost 500$. it run like the wing. thanks for your decive

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

in 2019, i won a 384 usd prize tournament, with an entry of 5 usd, i had never played such a high limit, so i kept on this limit, but without success, realizing that i would not keep this board, i decided to sell 200 usd and kept playing limits lower, until you get more experience!

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance

Variance for me means that not always my best choices have given me good results in the short term. Starting from this thought
How to understand and accept this factor? How to succeed more easily? How to manage my BR well in order to reduce this variance?

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The best advice I can give you that I strictly follow to control my bank is not to look how many dollars I have lost and to think how fast I can bring them back. Try not to set a target to win money. You can deposit and try one day, one week and see if you can improve it or not. If you can, stop and do not count how you lost. Play again after weeks and try. Just try to play with money without targets for winning and thoughts about losing . :)

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
isso está diretamente vinculado à sua educação financeira.
Deixe sempre 150-200 buy-ins disponíveis para torneios e meça quanto você deseja obter um retorno, dentro dos limites.