Bad beats, learning, and playing good: a rundown on my progress

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. I just had the most amazing session tonight. Just hundred pages into "Heads Up No Limit Hold Em" by Moshman and I feel like my game has progressed to a much higher stage. Not only that, my reading too has been accurate at all critical times and my timing is getting close to perfect.

This might seem like a brag post and... well maybe it is, but those moments when you can say 'I absolutely have to make a post about this' are rare for me and this is one occasion.

I'm litteraly crushing the 3$ sitngo's taking advantage of player's weaknesses, labeling their style with amazing accuracy (even to my astonishment).

Now on to bad beats and coolers. The problem is... I have absolutely no problem with them. A few of tonight's appearances was getting my aces beat by an 8 outer on the river, getting my aces folded to me on a super loose table ,flush over flush , getting my opponents to flop a flush heads up twice with a short stack and many, many more.

And trough all that I could just say 'well, happens' and move to the next sitngo as fresh as when I started. Now this is starting to look more and more as a shameless brag so I'll keep it brief. The point is, I've never felt this good playing poker since I started 3 years ago, and I'm getting a cold deck for which normally I'd bash my head against the wall.

Anyway here's the result for this week, probably will play some more tomorrow.

starting br: 338$
moneybookers deposit:20$ (had to so I can cash out via moneybookers later)
ending br: 392$
earnings: 34$

If this thread doesn't get flamed too much this is where I'll try to post my progress. :)

Gl and see you at the tables.