Not open for further replies.
D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you do it?

I'm a regular tournament player and in 4 of the last 6 tournaments I played I got dealt KK while someone else held AA late in the tournament. Each time, I lost a huge portion of my chipstack and ended up being elimated very soon after.

I felt like I always played it right. It has happened to me in 2 different ways.

1) The person with AA limps in. I raise. They call. All low cards on the flop. I raise. They call. I push all-in on the turn, only to find out they have AA.

2) The person with AA raises. I reraise. They push all-in and I always feel like I HAVE to call because in most situations like that, KK is the best hand.

So... What do I do? All suggestions are appreciated because I feel like I would have won a lot more money the last few weeks if that didn't happen. And it sucks because I've seen pros lay down KK preflop.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chalk it up to bad luck. Unless your well over 100bb deep and have an excellent read on you opponent then folding KK preflop is a mistake.

Very sorry to lock it, but if you are unsure post some Hand histories, this thread is a spam magnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.