Auto muck

B

bettsjc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Auto-muck always. One less thing for your opponent to read. If you don't have to show, best to keep your opponents guessing. Showing enough hands will make it easier for better players to read you. They don't need to know what you have. I feel the same about saying what you had at all, even if you've folded at any level. I get mad when I have to show when I'm in a showdown, even if I have the winning hand. Any hand in which your opponents know what you have or had will give experienced players something to work with.

gefishy

gefishy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will show occasionally in private games or when I feel it was a "good hand". I also will occasionally show in free-rolls and in smaller buy-in tourneys if somebody gets a bad beat on me simply to show that I had a solid hand and not that I was chasing a rabbit or something. (Extreme example: Straight flush V. Royal flush. Again, extreme example.)

B

bettsjc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will show occasionally in private games or when I feel it was a "good hand". I also will occasionally show in free-rolls and in smaller buy-in tourneys if somebody gets a bad beat on me simply to show that I had a solid hand and not that I was chasing a rabbit or something. (Extreme example: Straight flush V. Royal flush. Again, extreme example.)
I'm not sure there is a reason to show at all. Seems like showing your bad beat is more to save your ego rather than to prove anything. It might be more of an advantage to let your opponent think you were in with rags.

Why is it that there are players out there that feel like they have to prove to their table that they know how to play well. Better that they think you are a donk and catch them with their pants down. If people think you're intimidating the pots get smaller whenever you are in and you'll find it tougher to take down monster pots

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Auto muck all the way. Never confirm anything for your opponents if you don't have to.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not even.

Last edited:
F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can it do you any harm to let people know that you had AA when everybody has folded?

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because it slows the game down because you don't have auto muck enabled? There's no benefit to showing everyone that you got a walk with aces, really.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Auto-muck is always on in a public game, but for our private tourneys I will sometimes turn it off. Mainly cuz we all need to see the Royals now and then, and I get so damn many..........

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always auto muck. If I decide to show it is easy to switch off before i act. I am usually on several tables and auto makes it easier.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it slows the game down because you don't have auto muck enabled?
You're not making much sense really. I do have auto muck enabled, but that doesn't stop me showing my cards in that situation.
There's no benefit to showing everyone that you got a walk with aces, really.
Why does everything that I do have to give me a benefit? Let me guess, you multi-table and you assume that everybody else in the world does that too? As long as it isn't giving me a disadvantage (which it isn't) then I see no reason to stop doing it. I find that other players are interested to know that I "got a walk" with aces, presumably because not everybody is a mutli-tabling grinder.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why does everything that I do have to give me a benefit?
Because it's a game where we need to maximize every edge over our opponents.
I find that other players are interested to know that I "got a walk" with aces, presumably because not everybody is a mutli-tabling grinder.
I'm not interested, nor I would assert are the vast majority of players - sorry if you think we are.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not interested, nor I would assert are the vast majority of players - sorry if you think we are.
Maybe I'm playing in different tournaments to you, but it always elicits a response of some sort in chat. Thanks for your input, anyway :)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're not making much sense really. I do have auto muck enabled, but that doesn't stop me showing my cards in that situation.Why does everything that I do have to give me a benefit? Let me guess, you multi-table and you assume that everybody else in the world does that too? As long as it isn't giving me a disadvantage (which it isn't) then I see no reason to stop doing it. I find that other players are interested to know that I "got a walk" with aces, presumably because not everybody is a mutli-tabling grinder.

If you have auto muck enabled how do you show cards when you get a walk, seeing as your hand is automatically mucked?

A

ariesj11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally got automuck on but sometimes i do show for instance, if i have had an aggressive player raising all the time and i re raise with rubbish, making him fold, i show the bluff. I might be wrong for doing this but basically i setting my opponent up for when i do have a hand and to show him i wont be bullied

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have auto muck enabled how do you show cards when you get a walk, seeing as your hand is automatically mucked?
It depends which site you're playing on, some of them still allow you to show if you're the last player to fold.

T

TheVerbalist

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
auto muck when playing multiple tables as it slows it down if it is off. one table at a time i have it off usually, i like the option when i am playing the table closely