Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
My family and my friends always support me. Poker for me is a hobby that brings me joy, so I feel only support from my family.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My friends are neutral about poker. But my relatives cannot understand that I am not going to lose the apartment)

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Friends love it, my brother loves it cause he likes to play as well, I haven't yet told my fiance or family yet, but they don't need to know :)

L

Luisma231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

Yes, it is easy to be criticized by family and friends, but passion and security are not changed for anything.:cool:

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been criticized a lot because of poker. That old junkie story, game of luck, etc. After I was able to have poker as a second income it decreased a lot and close friends can see that there is a lot of hard work behind it. Outside takes the promotion of poker as a sport that has been taking place in recent years. It's that phrase right; people will only believe you when you prove them wrong and that's for life and not just poker.

Vegas77

Vegas77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Great question. My husband thinks its a waste of time. I tell him I'm studying the game and getting better, and someday soon it will pay off. There's no turning back now :). I love the game, I don't care what anybody says or thinks.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!
How do relatives, friends, acquaintances for playing poker treat you? Criticized or treated well?
My relatives are mostly mature people and, like all their ages, they believe that money can be earned only on real work by putting a lot of mental or physical effort into it. For them, poker is a game of chance, despite all the assurances that it has long been considered a sport. And I understand why they treat it very carefully and with great excitement. Friends are interested, they ask me to teach, which I always refuse, because if one of my friends develops an addiction through my fault, then I will not forgive myself for this. Therefore, poker for me is my island, to which there is no entry for those I know.