Ask me any question

Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible to play poker for a living and still feel as if you are serving some purpose on this earth, making an impact...or is it not something you think about?

You are talking to someone who truly believes life is a game. Life is a very fun game. Play nice.

I reach out and help where I can. I created a trust for Autistic children that I manage. It is a very small trust, that only helps a very few. But, It is a priority that I personally fund, and work with every day.

I have been a drug addict my whole life, I am sober 12 years. Due to these years that I lost, I don't really have a resume, or education. Poker has given me the opportunity to earn a living, and I am thankful for that.

-Bill

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who would win in a 3 way fight?

Chuck Norris, Quailman, or You

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you read hands...

I have read a few articals on this but cant seem to get to grips with it.

Its almost like it takes me 1 too many large bets before I know I am beat.

Folding is something I can do (without feeling negative emotion) but often I am left short stacked.

This usually happens when I play good hands.. weaker hands are far easier to get away from

F

fossten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing online poker for a short while, and I am interested in making a living at it.

My question is this:

Can you direct me to some information that explains the best ways to manage pulling funds out of pokerstars, for example, and how to shelter income from taxes?

In short, how does this all work? I know how to win money, but that's as far as I've gotten so far.

Thanks much for your reply.

A-RAG

A-RAG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any tips for taking my online game too live play. What can I expect to be different? I play strickly low stakes multi tournaments on line.

PS I live in Connecticut so close access to the Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods card rooms

Last edited by a moderator:
colquhounx

colquhounx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the,chicken,or,the,egg?

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Math is critical. There is no way around it. Study off the table, so that you can have an easier time of it in the heat of battle. As the games get tougher edge becomes increasingly hard to find. Pushing small edges requires accurate math to assess the situation. Is there hope? Yes. study the math can be learned.

-Bill
this is from phil ivey
Calculating the odds can certainly help you decide whether you're making a smart move, but it doesn't take into account who you're playing against. There are many times when you can do all of the math you want and your decision still comes down to intangibles and a feeling about your opponent or the situation you're facing.
Do you believe him 100 percent on this ?

F

fossten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hokay, well nearly three days later and no response.

I'll look somewhere else.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hokay, well nearly three days later and no response.

I'll look somewhere else.

Ask me any question and I am in the well threads usually only go for a couple of days. :)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone refer to u by ur last name only?

do u like dogs?

have u ever eaten a crayon?

do u say "bless u" when people sneeze?

sisko

sisko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
25 dolar buyin tournament, 3 people left out of ~300, all of you have nearly equal stacks, you are dealt with 10 10. you are big blind, small blind raises about 10X (about 1/3 of your stack) , what would you do ? guy in small blind is semi-loose. would you go all in ? or just call ?

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the worst you've ever freaked out over a bad beat?