R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi CardsChat members!

My name is Ashley and I'm so excited to join this community. I've been living in Las Vegas for 10 years now playing cash games and more recently, tournaments. I currently play $5/$10 on the Strip and higher stakes on live streams such as Live at the Bike. I'll buy in to tournaments as low as $300 and as high as $5k (with an exception for the WSOP Main Event, which everyone should try to play at least once!).

I have also traveled for poker events in many other parts of the world, including Europe, the UK, Australia, Canada, Africa and the Caribbean. I can answer a broad range of questions about playing live, traveling for poker events/series, playing on live streams or the general poker lifestyle.

My goal for joining CardsChat is to inspire new people to play poker and to encourage those of you who have a poker bucket list item to go out and do it!

Ask me anything :)
Hi Ashley

Is there a way to identify tournaments with weak playing fields.

Also do you think, it makes sense to play satellites to take shots a higher buyin tournaments to boost bankroll.

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In an MTT, below 40 big blinds, would you ever info/value 3bet hands like AQ/77 + with the intension of folding to a shove? or is it a call/fold?

Thanks, nbg

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hi, Ashley, i would like to ask if becoming a pro poker player requires proving skills and such (as some pro's say) for a year or does it depend on other… what does your experience show... :)

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Professional Poker Player
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey blkmoney! I think both hands are fine.

The AQ is unfortunate because you ran into the top of villain's range, but he will flat lots of hands for 7bb that he will fold to your 32bb shove. Having and A and a Q in your hand make it less likely he has a hand that will call off too. I wouldn't feel bad about running into the AK, unless you had a read that this was a very tight player.

The A9 hand is tough because you're up against your direct ICM competition to begin the hand. You bet on the larger side on the flop, so when he calls, you're up against a tighter range that includes a lot of pairs or A high fds that didn't raise. When he leads for a pot size bet on the turn AND overbet jams river, I would have folded too. In order for him to be bluffing here, he would have to have played spades or 53 like this (or random air if he's been really out of line). I think some of those semi bluffs might have check-raised the flop against your large flop size. So your opponent isn't left with a lot of bluffs in his range. (These assumptions are obviously dependent on how this opponent has been playing. If he's a maniac in tons of postflop spots like this, I'd call.)

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Professional Poker Player
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Ashley, i would like to ask if becoming a pro poker player requires proving skills and such (as some pro's say) for a year or does it depend on other… what does your experience show... :)
Hi there- yes, ideally you would 'prove' you're a winner by tracking your buy ins and profit/loss across all games. Then you can find your ROI in MTTs (or bb/100 in cash games) to see if you'll make enough $ in the long run to be a pro. If you're a small winner and don't plan on becoming a pro, you can simply enjoy the games and not worry too much about increasing your ROI :)
In an MTT, below 40 big blinds, would you ever info/value 3bet hands like AQ/77 + with the intension of folding to a shove? or is it a call/fold?

Thanks, nbg
Hi nbg- If I'm 3betting hands like AQ or 77 on 40bb, it's because I think my opponent doesn't 4bet bluff enough AND will call my 3bets a lot with worse. Therefore, when they DO shove, I can happily fold knowing they have me beat and when they just call, I'm extracting more value from those weaker hands.
Hi Ashley

Is there a way to identify tournaments with weak playing fields.

Also do you think, it makes sense to play satellites to take shots a higher buyin tournaments to boost bankroll.
Usually, daily tournaments or smaller buy in tournaments will have weaker fields. If a tournament has a huge field size, you're bound to run into worse players since those can't all be pros ;)

Yes- I highly recommend playing satellites to higher buy ins so you can have a shot at bigger prizepools AND to test your skills against slightly tougher competition. It's one of the best ways for an MTT player to slowly gain confidence when moving up in stakes. Hope that helps. Good luck out there :)

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
Hi Ashley! I would like to ask if you have had poker burnout? How does it usually happen with pros? have you ever wanted to quit this game?

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello ashley !! how much i should defend my blinds i usually overdefend my blinds is thay really bad is better to be a nit? It's hard for me to balance

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ashley, If you have sold action to an event, and the winnings include cash and a seat/travel to another event, how do the payouts work to your investors?

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Ashley, I have a question for you if I may....What got you interested in poker originally? Like was it the challenge or the possibility of the money?

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Ashley

quick question

Do you have an end goal when you would stop playing poker totally.

Or is poker gunna be a life long hobby.

Thanks in advance RhinoRyan89

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Ashley, good evening! Please tell me what is the most appropriate style on flop: aggressive or passive (waiting for the opponent's raise). If aggressive, then what % of pot bank should I raise (what % is the best in your opinion). And if passive style, how many turns is the best way to re-raise an aggressive player? Let's take a situation where I have nuts from the flop. Thank you in advance!

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Thanks for your question Atararo and Goggel for your answer. Goggel said it correctly. Basically, if you have a really high ITM %, you might be min-cashing the event too often (meaning that you play too tight before the bubble burst and then bust right after making the money). You can improve this by not playing too passively too soon before the bubble. Overall, I wouldn't worry about the ITM stat too much and would instead focus on your overall ROI.
Thanks Ashley and Goggel for your answers :)

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi Ashley, I have a new question for you.

Do you have any idea about Yohan Guilbert's "Yoh Viral" poker training ?

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Ashley.

I'm a freeroll player who doesn't have a lot of money in real life. When I go to play live, I feel that I have more theoretical knowledge than the field, but I realize that money prevents me from playing at my best. How to make the best decisions without thinking about the money?

Thanks.

Denis

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
q ashley, could you please advise on the most profitable ways to play very strong hands post flop from early positions in deepstakes. this is often the beginning of the tournament and it's rare when someone dares to 3bet a marginal hand in such conditions and the game goes postflop, and if we're not talking about pocket pairs, then I have a lot of questions when I don't hit the board, because the ranges are low limits are very, very different, and so it might be better to open 2.5 bb at once, or just look at the table and think where we can throw aq postflop and against whom not.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Ashley, greetings from me, have a nice time and good luck, I myself have been playing poker for 20 years and I see that the best is a good experience, of course you can also learn a lot from others

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you could help me with 3 things in poker to change my style of play what would you tell me about the 3 things?

T

tuttutdumdum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi CardsChat members!

My name is Ashley and I'm so excited to join this community. I've been living in Las Vegas for 10 years now playing cash games and more recently, tournaments. I currently play $5/$10 on the Strip and higher stakes on live streams such as Live at the Bike. I'll buy in to tournaments as low as $300 and as high as $5k (with an exception for the WSOP Main Event, which everyone should try to play at least once!).

I have also traveled for poker events in many other parts of the world, including Europe, the UK, Australia, Canada, Africa and the Caribbean. I can answer a broad range of questions about playing live, traveling for poker events/series, playing on live streams or the general poker lifestyle.

My goal for joining CardsChat is to inspire new people to play poker and to encourage those of you who have a poker bucket list item to go out and do it!

Ask me anything :)
i love cards chat too

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey Ashley,

how did it go for you at this year's wsop? Will you divulge some numbers or is it better not to talk about money?

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi Ashley I hope you are well. How did you fare so far this year at the poker tables?

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas