$$3.00 NL HE MTT: Should I have played this hand differently with three players left?

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
$3.00
VP$IP
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
I made the final table of a PKO tournament and with three players left I ran into a hand I would like some feedback on.

The blinds were at 1250 / 2500 with a 315 chip ante when the hand started I had 62.4 bb or 156,211 chips, I'm on the button and three-handed. The villain had 171,652 chips or 68.6 BB, and the short stack had 19.6 BB or 49,942 chips. Take a look at the hand converter for the hand.

My question is, did I make the correct decision or should I have used another option to help me play this hand better

Thank you for watching and have a nice day goodbye.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/525f4CBn5

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I thought it was fair that you let go of the hand when the 9 hit, you were strong but with the other two cards it was a bit suspicious. When he went all in I would drop just like you did!(y):unsure::unsure:

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wp overall. on the turn you could already consider folding there vs that sizing., but generally id myself call too and fold on the river expecting heavily reduced bluff frequency there
gg hope this helps and GL!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
Standard C-bet.

Turn
This is of course the kind of card and action, we did not want to see. With that being said folding TPTK would be very exploitable. You are likely C-betting a lot, so TPTK is very high in your range. Lots of other hands want to fold first. The opponent is obviously saying, he turned trips, and thats definitely possible. He defended his BB against a BTN open, so he should have some 4X in his range. But he could also be bluffing most likely with a draw.

River
Now he overbet jam, which is in line with, how he played the turn, so it should not come as a massive surprice. I think, its pretty clear, he is not doing this for value with a worse hand than A9, so you are purely bluffcatching, if you call. All the draws busted, and you dont have a spade, which is good, because it allow him to have more busted flushdraws. He probably also dont take this line, if he sort of accidentally backed into top pair with a hand like TX of spades. So he is polarized to either trips or better, or a busted draw. This mean, that Td is essentially as big a brick as say 7d.

With this being late in the final table, you really should have some reads on the opponent. And these are often just as important as theory if not more. If he had been very active, this could be a fine spot to make a big hero call and almost lock up a win, if you are right. But if this was the first time, you saw him do something like this, then its an easy fold. He probably has it way to often, and if you fold, you are still in a good position to at least make second place.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands