Can artificial intelligence be used in poker?

J

jamalsaad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
LB
Chips
ChatGPT 3.5

User
How Can artificial intelligence be used in poker?

ChatGPT
Artificial intelligence (AI) is employed in poker in various ways, including:

Decision Making: AI algorithms analyze poker scenarios, probabilities, and opponent behavior to make informed decisions during gameplay.

bluff Detection: AI models can be trained to detect potential bluffs by analyzing betting patterns, historical data, and player tendencies.

Strategic Planning: AI can develop and optimize poker strategies by processing vast amounts of data to identify effective plays in different situations.

Player Profiling: AI systems can create profiles of opponents based on their playing styles, helping players adapt their strategies accordingly.

Game Solving: AI has been used to solve simplified poker variants, providing optimal strategies for specific game situations.

These applications enhance players' skills, contribute to strategic development, and offer insights into the intricacies of the game.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to understand the rules of gaming rooms; most likely, artificial intelligence is prohibited from playing online games, so poker may die.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It doesn't bother me at all. There is artificial intelligence or not, whether it plays or not, it doesn't matter. If your bankroll is growing, it means that you are doing everything right. My bankroll is growing, and yours?

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It doesn't bother me at all. There is artificial intelligence or not, whether it plays or not, it doesn't matter. If your bankroll is growing, it means that you are doing everything right. My bankroll is growing, and yours?
Why so aggressive out of nothing?

I think AI will become a big problem in online poker because of it's unlimited capacities to learn about players. Feed an AI with 10 Billion of hands with player stats and it will crush every stake and every opponent EASILY.

In the right hands such a machine will also behave like a normal human. It will play different games at different times. It won't always win, will do human mistakes etc. It will pass the touring test enough so that no provider will have the chance to so something about it.

It's not a question about if. It's a question about when and how many. How much will it hurt?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips

I think AI will become a big problem in online poker because of it's unlimited capacities to learn about players. Feed an AI with 10 Billion of hands with player stats and it will crush every stake and every opponent EASILY.

In the right hands such a machine will also behave like a normal human. It will play different games at different times. It won't always win, will do human mistakes etc. It will pass the touring test enough so that no provider will have the chance to so something about it.

It's not a question about if. It's a question about when and how many. How much will it hurt?
And bots are already so good that they win against the population in MTTs and at least 100NLH (and all LH).

If they suck out money from the sites and recreational/depositing players they destroy the ecosystem and the whole business is broken.

After that, it doesn't matter if some savant still beats the machines either by skill or luck. It will be like chess online almost. Nobody wants to play for money without ridiculous control mechanisms.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
After that, it doesn't matter if some savant still beats the machines either by skill or luck. It will be like chess online almost. Nobody wants to play for money without ridiculous control mechanisms.
I wonder why they dont escalate the captcha thing. They could use captcha system where you get rakeback if you solve a captcha. Maybe every 3-5 minutes one out of several different captcha jobs.. Or some other exercize that changes every now and then and that machines suck at.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Im afraid AI will be used at some point and that thing will affect online poker.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

I understand your concerns about the potential impact of AI on online poker. The advancement of AI, particularly in machine learning, raises valid questions about its potential use in gaining an unfair advantage in various domains, including online gaming.

It's true that AI has the capability to analyze vast amounts of data and learn intricate patterns, which could pose challenges for traditional online poker security measures. The scenario you've described, where an AI becomes adept at emulating human behavior and making occasional mistakes, is indeed a potential concern.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I wonder why they dont escalate the captcha thing. They could use captcha system where you get rakeback if you solve a captcha. Maybe every 3-5 minutes one out of several different captcha jobs.. Or some other exercize that changes every now and then and that machines suck at.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

You are 100% correct I think. Once you put this fantastic technology in the hands of cheaters and criminals there will be a quantum change in online poker and other forms of gambling like sports betting. Personally I think it's already here and we are just seeing the first infant steps. These things will operate 24/7 learning and adapting faster than any poker sites security system and players alike. And they don't care if they are winning pennies or dollars cuz at the end a million dollars is a million dollars no matter the denomination.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There's already people playing only with A.I., and it should lead to ban for life.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you are good at something in germany we say: "there is always an asian better than you no matter what you do."
A s I a n... :p

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that artificial intelligence will cover all sports in the world. I believe that creating it will be the worst decision that humanity has made.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People always used to talk about "bots" playing poker, but they were simple compared to AI. It's going to be an issue if it isn't already. After all if they don't stop it it'll be like printing your own money.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
the biggest names pros use such softwares in their games . they usually catch the smaller fish , the new players who try to win big against the bigger pros or regs fish . but then again this happens everywhere , not only at poker , right lol ))))

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, artificial intelligence in poker is powerless against luck and the distribution of cards in online poker.

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ai is the biggest threat to online poker period.

very few if any humans at all will be capable of out witting AI and even if there are humans who can beat AI today that wont last AI will just get better and better.
It is a serious threat and I do not know what sites can do about this.

Poker Tells