the art of lying in poker

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times we do not achieve with a game that we have absolutely nothing; There are players who by raising pre flop are forced to continue betting despite not having or not linking anything, sometimes it works and you can deceive your opponent without having anything, but at other times with a simple pair or high card you can win one strong amount of chips because you always wanted to cheat.
How many times have you been able to fool your rivals without pressing anything?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so many such moments, even in one tournament in which I play, and they are so diverse that it is difficult to say how many there are.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker without bluffs is not poker! If you want to win constantly, you need to constantly bluff))) Another thing is that you need to know the boundary - when and where to use bluffs. This is a whole science!

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several times I manage to win without pressing. My strategy is to bluff when there are few chips on the board, but when there's a lot of chips in play and the opponent thinks I'm bluffing, I actually have high cards in my hand.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

Many times in game situations I have bluffed and it has worked there are times at the moment that you have to do it sometimes it comes out others or not !!! regards !!!

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have never thought of poker as a game of liars as is so often said....it's just strategy that you use to gain an advantage, which is the aim of the game, and to turn that advantage into chips.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To bluff in poker you must have a good reading of your opponents and not only think about your hand but also the hand that your opponents can take, with this reading we can deceive opponents trying to make them believe that we have a better hand. , in poker there is something called (fold-equity) You also have to know what type of player you are facing if it is a lazy or passive player, you should avoid cheating the players who pay cold as they can complicate your hand.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing cards is always accompanied by tricks. This is not chess with checkers.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is neither lying nor cheating.
Lying is when you do not tell the truth.
Cheating is when you do not follow the rules.
During the bluff neither one takes place.

First, you do not hold 'nothing' but two cards (if it is holdem)
and when you say 'all-in' you just confirm that these cards are worth
to you all the money you have.
You do not fool anybody here.
It is up to the other players if they challenge you or not.
They would only fool themselves if they think that you always have two aces in hand.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so may situations and types of bluffs this is hard to answer. I try and raise strong cards preflop. If I miss the flop it does not mean I still do not have the best hand and will sometimes lead with continuation bet. However I will not autobet if I think I am beat.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times we do not achieve with a game that we have absolutely nothing; There are players who by raising pre flop are forced to continue betting despite not having or not linking anything, sometimes it works and you can deceive your opponent without having anything, but at other times with a simple pair or high card you can win one strong amount of chips because you always wanted to cheat.
How many times have you been able to fool your rivals without pressing anything?
Poker without bluff is not poker, we all love this game for it, you may not have a good card and win, but you may lose with the best hand! Everyone bluffs, and quite a lot, but you need to be able to bluff qualitatively, and this is quite difficult to learn! The art of bluffing comes with experience, so do not rush and bluff every hand, otherwise you can lose all the chips at the table! Play correctly and competently, everything will return to you at a distance! Good luck to you!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It happens many times. Are you just playing safe? and if you do, do you win often? You can't just play with the certainty that the people at the table quickly realize your game, maybe in the zoom games.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is bluffing, which is important in the game of poker, because you cannot have the super hand or even a good hand all the time. So you must use phsycology to win the hand!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bluffing is an art form. You need to be able to read the table and players you are against to make the bluff. Poker is story telling and you need to tell the story. The problem most people have is they tell story's that dont make sense and wonder why they get picked off on the river.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, I bluff very rarely. Probably that's why in 90% of cases, my bluff is successful. In general, I try to play with strong cards, and I bluff very rarely, so my opponents know this and are usually afraid to take risks.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how many times, I don't think any jajaja
It's a game of chips right, so it's normal for us to play with them.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend

Well, when I manage to accumulate a lot of chips or a lot of money in money games, it is easier to deceive the opponent, because he is afraid of you.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey
If you don’t bluff, then it’s difficult to achieve a good result, you have to be lucky in every hand in which you play, and this does not always happen, I have two bars for bluffing, the first one cannot bluff often, the second has so much stack so that in case of failure the stack is above average, and no one is immune from an unsuccessful bluff

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not the art of lying, it is simply to be consistent if a pre-flop player makes a strong reise on the flop, generally this player does not hit anything before the turn and depending on the position at the table, he makes another strong bet so he has nothing to maintain the intrigue in the players at the table that I would name the art of bluffing until another player discovers it:D

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it much easier to trick my opponent in live poker. My favorite hand is 3 5. One live tourney my whole table was discussing this with me after I took down a massive pot with 5's full of 3's. Three hands later the flop came 2 4 6. I went all in and had AA and 10 10 fold instantly. All I had was A 6. I figured top pair with A kicker was good at that point since no pre-flop raises. Thank the poker gods for table chat at that point!!!!!!!:D:D

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deception is key to winning in poker. The ways to practice deception are bluffing and slow playing. Learning how to disguise your bluffs with value bets will make you more money than slow playing.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is a standard element of the game, but you need a measure, if you often bluff, the chips that a successful bluff will bring to you will not compensate for the losses that will be in case of an unsuccessful bluff.