Anyone sick of commercials, especially poker commercials?

M

mapleafs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't stand watching commercials these days.. Maybe it's because i'm a little older and i understand the marketing behind it, and how the notion of "sex sells"
But seriously everytime i watch a commercial i can't help pick out the subliminal messages in them. For instance today i saw a commercial for the very first time. I bet it has probably leaked out to the rest of the world now, however i'll post it here for you to look at.

Watch the commercial first before i explain the subliminal message behind it. Just think "sex" when watching it, and try and put the pieces together.. It's an advertisement for pokerstars with a young attractive female pro Vanessa Rousso.

http://www.pokerstars.net/poker/tv/ i dont know if it will show the one with vanessa rousso but just look at the bottom and scroll across, and you will see it.. it's called "Vanessa Bungee 30"

The whole idea is she is taking a bungee leap off a bridge, and this is essentially the same as playing poker. It's about taking risks in life and how poker can be compared to this..

The subliminal part doesn't start until about 15 seconds in when she is leaning over the edge.. She leads out by saying "that's why i love poker, it's where i get my buzz" Notice the perspective you are watching it from? It's directly behind/above the table, which basically engages you more feeling that you are the one at the table... So when we see this table we're seeing her(or you) as the focal point.. So when she says she gets a "buzz" from playing poker it basically means or an orgasm( pleasurable response) don't believe me? why do you think in the next 2 seconds there is a view of a river? The Water represents a woman's vagina, and the poker table represents a mans penis......

They take a keen focus on beauty in between the Table shot and the river shot, to remind you a little more that this is a pleasurable beautiful thing.

and to top it all off! at the very end "with more FREE TO ENTER tournmanet than any other site" represents that your ticket to sex is knocking at your door and it's at pokerstars.

Oh advertising.. It's a beautiful thing. I notice these kind of things everytime i watch a commercial.. And i would say 90% of commercials hold at least 1 subliminal advertisement whether intentional or not, it is there

K

kfkid40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
par·a·noi·a
–noun

- baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

:afraid:

M

mapleafs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sim·ple·ton
premium.gif
(sĭm'pəl-tən) Pronunciation Key
n. A person who is felt to be deficient in judgment, good sense, or intelligence; a fool.

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we need a dose of realism here. The fact of the matter is that sex sells. You only have to go into your local newsagent and look at the magazine covers. Anything from motoring magazines to Puzzle Weekly - there's a better than even money chance that there will be an attractive lady on the cover, and in all probability she will not be dressed for the Siberian winter.

Why? Simple really [some* / many* / most* / all*- delete as appropriate] guys think with their genitalia rather than their brains! So, if you want to sell a product, what would you do, put a picture of a fury animal, a hairy *rsed lumberjack or a pretty girl on the cover? Well, if you want to keep your job, I'd strongly recommend the latter.

M

mapleafs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i totally agree. But what i find funny is that companies are having a laugh at this, and taking full advantage of people's thoughts and ideas. It's basically propoganda. I can't believe that majority of people would contest this too, like the guy who posted after me.. People are blind to subliminal advertisements, and when they're given proof that they exist, they argue and disbelieve it.. Or worse they're apathetic..

K

kfkid40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sim·ple·ton
premium.gif
(sĭm'pəl-tən) Pronunciation Key
n. A person who is felt to be deficient in judgment, good sense, or intelligence; a fool.

lol good burn man.:p

I probably should've made it more clear i was joking around tho ...oops.:(

innuendo is everywhere, including advertising. i just found calling the poker table a dick to be a little much...but who knows.;)

M

mapleafs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
obviously im open for criticism, however that wasn't even constructive.. It just felt as if it was just a simple blow, and you were disregarding it.. But yeah look into advertising more and you'll find out the simple tricks companies pull in order to draw your attention.. I've got a degree in psychology and i'm going for a 2 year program in advertising.. you would be amazed at what you generally see on an everyday basis

K

kfkid40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea my bad for not explaining anything in my first reply.

I do definitely get the feeling of some kind of sexual innuendo from that video you posted, especially just from the wording and how things were said. But im having trouble believing, that there was a boardroom full of people, who consiously got together and said, "lets make the poker table a symbol for a dick and the river a pussy."

like i said that seems a little much, but who knows. (obviously you will if you really do get into advertising).

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not totally sure about your whole theory on the water being the vajayjay and whatnot but Vanessa is not in that advertisement for her poker playing ability, I can tell you that much.

spiderman919

spiderman919

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm confused

Just a thought, but if you hate watching advertising, why are you pursuing a program in advertising??

lkport

lkport

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the prescription drug commercials. they are saying "you a sick, you just didnt know it, but we have this great drug and here are some vague symptoms. Now rush to your doctor and demand our drug"

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This OP reeks of a thesis / paper troll.

If it isn't, just remember that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets see.

You mention you're getting older and the idea of sex disturbs you.:joyman::joyman::joyman: You then tell us you are sick of commercials, and then show us how you GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO WATCH THEM!!!! Jeeeez!

Have you considered the long rest?

brettantill

brettantill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The OP has hit the nail right on the head, why only yesterday I parked my boat in a giant vagina and then while I was eating my dinner off a penis someone orgasmed my doorbell.

B.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude if that commercial offends you, then don't watch the new Cadillac commercials.

There are two, one with a guy, one with a girl. At the end they both say "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?"

I like it, its dirty!! :)

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The OP has hit the nail right on the head, why only yesterday I parked my boat in a giant vagina and then while I was eating my dinner off a penis someone orgasmed my doorbell.

B.

:rofl:

Tobmeister

Tobmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D have you seen the others? the one with Hachem playing with his BALL. And Daniel Negreanu playing with his STICK?
That's definitely the reason i play poker stars :)D)

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care, I'd do Vanessa.

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D have you seen the others? the one with Hachem playing with his BALL. And Daniel Negreanu playing with his STICK?

LMAO

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Wow, when you actually think about it..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was actually a little disappointed at how un-sexy the V. Rousso commercial was. I mean, can't she bungee jump in a bikini?

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
or in the nude, i mean, why not?

Tobmeister

Tobmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched it again and the river is coming out of a triangle shaped ledge that she is standing on...
i still don't understand why sexual innuendo about a hot girl is a bad thing?:confused: :handkiss: