Can anyone recommend any good books?

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rather to watch video poker because i'm brain injury and communicate its hard.
:confused:

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sklansky - Dan Harrington's Course Books - Bill Chen's "Mathematics of Poker"

Doyle's Super System was great but it is a bit outdated IMHO. Definitely read it just because it was the first of its kind but the books that have really helped me the most are Sklansky's "Theory of Poker," Harrington's Course Books (which quizzes to test your understanding) and Bill Chen's "Mathematics of Poker". The Chen book gets you to thinking in terms of ranges (i.e. what range of cards does yoru opponent likely have), something I believe is absolutely essential for any current poker player.

Aside from poker books, I would advise anything on game theory. Game theory teaches you how to, in the words of Jay-Z, "move in a room full of vultures." (in fact, it teaches you how to become the vulture).

Good Luck

Cookie7292

Cookie7292

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can recomend u Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments and maybe Phil Gordon's Little Green Book if u have the time start with little green and then read Harrington's ;) if u think that u are already a great player, dont waste time with the green :D

alittlepoker

alittlepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beat Texas holdem by Tom McEvoy

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think kill phil is a great book would recommend if you can get your hands on it

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker book

Hi
Does anybody know if there is a poker book in Hebrew?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it should be, you can try to look on Amazon .. If there is not, it means that there is no such books..

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tnx horizon
Didnt think about Amazon
I'll check and inform everyboddy here

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after long search, I didnt find any good book in Hebrew.
I'll appriciate is someone who knows about such a book will advise here

Boyan Yordanov

Boyan Yordanov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BEST POKER STATEGY BOOKS

Hello all :hello:

I just started reading Let's play poker by Lee Nelson. In my opinion it is a very good book to for SnGs and MTT Holdem tournaments. I think that it is good mainly for the begginers, but probably the advanced players can clean some of their wrong habits as well. I do not have much experience, but I want to develope, so I would appriciate if you share your opinion about the best poker books.

A

AlJoyce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Recommended books?

Hi guys, wondering if you can recommend any books that will help me begin my journey to become a better player?

At the moment I play relatively well in micro-stakes and in freeroll tournaments, I know it's not much but I'm slowly improving.

I'm not quite ready for HEAVY stuff just yet, because I'm not terribly good at maths and it's probably going to take me a while to get my brain into gear!

So yeah, any books or courses for someone at an early stage who wants to become a better player?

Cheers,
Al :)

R

RMHpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I "cut my teeth" on Harrington's series, I now think Jonathan Little's Tournament series is a bit more current. His effective Big Blind computations are also significantly easier to make and use game time than the M.

crazyangel88

crazyangel88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion The Mental Game of Poker 2 : proven strategies for improving poker skill

S

SavedByLeBell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like the Little Green Book by Phil Gordon, I am sure someone has already listed it, but I am currently reading / listening to The Mental Game of Poker which has been good thus far also!

W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of quality books out there.

I am currently reading through Phil Gordon's Little Green Book and really like it. I have heard that David Sklansky's "The Theory of Poker" is really good too, but if you are looking for something more recent then you might prefer Harrington on Holdem.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The Theory of Poker" by David Sklansky.

Alexsandr Kononov

Alexsandr Kononov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan Harrington . " Harrington on Hold'em "
This three-volume edition , written in 2004-2006 , the best tool for poker , if you're going to - read it - be sure to try .

F

Frederick Melms

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are the best books if you want to go deep in MTTS and i mean go deep every single game unless you get sucked out on of course. These books got me from losing 25K my first two years online to having over 400,000 in profit at the current moment. Harrington has three rules Try Not to play Arag, Dont play out of position, and if you are not sure youre going to win the hand FOLD FOLD FOLD live to fight another hand. I mean there is more to those books than that but those three rules are all you need to become profitable and then go from there with some of his more advanced strategies. He is IMO one of the best MTT players to ever live.

Have you read Harrington's new book? And if so how does it compare?

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Middle Zone by Annie Duke. The tiny book will keep you out of trouble.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is also such book as Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players, 21st Century Edition by David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth and maybe you would like Getting the Best of It by David Sklansky

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Dan Harrington and his book " Harrington on Hold'em "
2. Roy Rounder - Simple math in poker
3. Bob Tsiaffone " Poker Omaha "
4. Collin Moshman "Strategy of the CIS"
5. Steve Badger - How to Play poker online
6. Arnold Snyder - "The Poker Tournament Formula»
7. Matthew Hildzher - "Internet Texas Hold'em "
8. Гус Хансен - "Every hand revealed”, along with the autobiography of the player contains a detailed analysis of hands played them in the tournament in 2007 , where Hansen won one of his most brilliant victories
9. Doyle Brunson - Super System
10. Phil Gordon - "Little Green Book"
11. David Sklansky - " Tournament Poker for Advanced Players "

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best no limit holdem poker strategy book?

Hi guys, looking for some suggestions for the best No Limit Holdem strategy book? Which strategy book had the biggest impact on your game?

Thanks

R

Robadob925

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many good ones out there, try one of Doyle B.'s or Daniel N.

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Robado, I have read Doyles No Limit section in Super System 2. Just looking for the next step. The best No Limit strategy book out there