Anyone really good at omaha please tell me what happened here???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
three3y3

three3y3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
biggest mistake i see newbies to omaha is they play like its hold em........not even close... first things first you cant make straights and flushes with just one whole card to the board..u need to use two whole cards. aces and kings arent such power monsters like as in hold em.....one less card to catch two pair...or help working towards a straight....two pairs straights or flushes seem to be the majority of winning hands very rarrely you will win a pot with a pair...and sets hitting happen at a much higher frequency and are more likely to get caught set over set ...with those fundamentall understandidngs and alot hands played youll learn....were all learning

C

cardsfr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
???

ok i had a hand that was 5 5 8 9 all off suit and the other player had a k 10 7 he won with a two pair aces kings but i had a str8 with ace through 5 how is this possible pleease help how can a str8 loose to a two pair aces and kings on omaha ????

did you play for real money?hope not..
you schould study the game before you play it or you loose a lot of cash
hmmmmmmmm.

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need to use 2 cards out of your hand! no biggie when i first played omaha i did the same exact thing! it takes a :D little time to learn that game! everyone hand seems to look good! gl to you!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think OP gets the point now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker Tells