Has anyone like... Ever got bored of playing poker?

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also get bored quite often when playing in MTT's, especially if they are deep stacked, ughhh. I only play now a days for some relaxing enjoyment so it doesn't happen as much

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once you got the hardest bankroll, players say the prof is control that bankroll .. .. and not let decrease the contrary must grow it if you want to devote to poker and live it .. difficult but not impossible. luck

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im kind of going through the same thing right now cotta. I grinded the micros for ages and then always ended up tilting and blowing my roll playing at higher limits.

If you do this once too many times, it comes to the point where i just cant play the micros anymore. I am planning to deposit some more "serious"money in the following weeks/months and just jumping into higher limits.

But yea, to get back to your initial question, i believe that after a "point", poker can become boring and especially if you dont achieve the results you were aiming for.

Yea I get you,all that hard work and effort it really takes it of you, it's a brutal game if emotion is connected because swings are inevitable.

I've managed to run up £10.00 bankroll to $240.00 dollers today on P.S, I positioned 10th from /3991 runners one spot off final table won a small MTT also.

So so brutal to get that far and then take a cooler 8 or 9 places of a serious game changing bankroll how cruel can the game be.

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why you play as a hobby.
I get bored after about 4 hours of live poker.

I would kill myself if I had to play 8 hours for even just 1 day.

madsquirrel

madsquirrel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i am loosing hand after hand yes. I just learned to step away for a while and then get back on the felt hoping for a better day

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, i understand what u say and i think happens with so many people, in poker or other function on live, but i try study constantly, analize my handhistory when things not go well, watch videos on youtube about poker, and have dreams, conquer bankroll to try play sunday million, after conquer 100top on a sunday million and continues dreaming, what I mean is, having objectives and going fulfilling.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never get bored of playing poker. It is a challenge every minute to keep myself together and play the best game I can. I'm learning to be patient. I remember when I started out 11 years ago. I thought alin was the best move I could make to get money the quickest. No its the quickest way to lose a lot of money. So now I have to sit back and win a little at a time, because I play low stakes. I also would like to sit at a table with 1000 and see how I would do. But it would be no different than it is now. I would still have to wait for the right cards. And sometimes it takes a lot of folding. Bored no but tired yes

sergios

sergios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I a month ago I got bored of poker! but I saw that boredom devia learner's absence, now I propuce studying poker tactics, have a goal, forget what money! many are bored and not making money! me this working, when I play I do not win a tournament, but I feel happy aber improved my game and be serca collection, time reconpensara my dedication to improve

S

slash407

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker can be boring if your not playing for money, play really conservative, lose alot

B

brokenlung911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah it happens from time to time sometimes a break is all thats needed try doing something else for a week or two might help as for building a stack not sure its possible in online poker in this day and age but i wish you luck

A

avjul66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well feeling bored playing poker never happen to me because I love to play but frustrated happens a lot mainly when in a loosing row
But sometimes I got worn-out and take a break to refresh not a very long one
Don´t put to much pressure on you golds and it will turn fine

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup poker getting boring oh no terrible thing when anything gets boring evaluate why and how. like people have said here take a break

C

CubsnBearz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I might see part of the problem. Are you playing poker solely for the money or were you ever driven to poker just for the enjoyment of the game? I find that poker can be an enjoyable social activity with friends or family with or without money. The game does have entertainment value as a leisure activity, after all, that's why tourists like to hit the tables in Las Vegas, for the thrill of the game. Like anything else in life, poker can become boring and monotonous, and when that happens, it is probably best to take a break and reflect on why you are playing the game, what your goals are, etc. If your biggest concern is about making money from a small bankroll, remember that grinding is a long, but potentially rewarding process. Keep the long term in mind, and don't fall for the trap of trying to make a large amount of money in a short period of time. That will most likely leave you disappointed and lessen the money in your pocket. Shorter term = much higher risk and volatility. Same thing with day traders in the stock market or forex traders in the currency markets. Better off that you are bored rather than stressed and angry that you just lost a huge chunk of cash gambling.

E

extreme911

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm bored right now :) And its because I started winning consistently. Now i feel that I achieved what I wanted. Need to find some other motivation ...

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to force myself to have three days in a row off every month as I always felt refreshed and seemed to play better on coming back. I don't know why I stopped doing that. However, one of the things I truly love about poker is that there's so many variations. Omaha 8 PLO Razz 7 Card stud Stud 8. 8-game. Horse.... So I find that if I'm finding myself bored going over to another game helps bring me into focus and enjoying it again. Have still not quite got my head around pot limit omaha though!

C

CHILLI2U

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I get bored with it quite often, but have started a last longer challenge with the people I play with on a regular basis, it makes the games a bit more interesting. The places where my American friends and myself can play together also of course are mostly on smaller sites and the game selections do not make for a lot of variety either and that dosent help.

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes a week or three break is not a bad idea.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am not bored about playing poker.
but
clicking mouse and stay in air conditioner room that hurts.
got a fever and frozen pain on my shoulder <- but still think that mainly comes from playing tennis. :(

I would take a rest some time. to let all parts of the body have a chance to tune up...LOL

S

Sidesteal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never

I never get bored. I get off of work @ 5 and by 5:45 I'm in a game until 11pm or 12am. Then when I get home I play poker on the internet. Till about 2am. I play 8 hours a day EVERYDAY. I think out of 365 days I might have not played 10 days, and that was just cause I had other obligations, and I went out of town, not cause I was bored of it.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never get bored of playing poker. It is a challenge every minute to keep myself together and play the best game I can. I'm learning to be patient. I remember when I started out 11 years ago. I thought alin was the best move I could make to get money the quickest. No its the quickest way to lose a lot of money. So now I have to sit back and win a little at a time, because I play low stakes. I also would like to sit at a table with 1000 and see how I would do. But it would be no different than it is now. I would still have to wait for the right cards. And sometimes it takes a lot of folding. Bored no but tired yes

Lol great words, bored no but tired yes :D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Went through this for about a year. Played two games every weekend and that was it. Every time it was about to start, seemed more like chore than something I had look forward too. Was about two month break and never once played. When it started back was more enthused to play. Just one of those things where a break did a lot of good.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes,I get bored,but not when I earn some money.

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get bored with it quite often, but have started a last longer challenge with the people I play with on a regular basis, it makes the games a bit more interesting. The places where my American friends and myself can play together also of course are mostly on smaller sites and the game selections do not make for a lot of variety either and that dosent help.

When I first started playing about 5 years ago, I read about the games in Vegas that went on for days with Nick the Greek etc... and also somewhere that to succeed in poker you had to immerse yourself in it. I then upped my playing time every week by a bit and set myself a challenge to play for 24 hours. I never managed this but did get to 14 and a half hours. However, this is not good for you being sat in front of a monitor for that amount of time, dashing to the bathroom everytime you get disconnected tourney breaks etc... (despite them being synced allegedly). Also 4's start to look like A's when you're tired. On the plus side though, after four or five hours, in my case, my strategy seems to settle quite well.
I still believe though that if you're getting bored of one game try another one for a while, or just take a break

B

biff22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Like you PapaaC, I am a low stakes player. I started with low deposit and am slowly trying to build my BR. I don't get bored because of the challenge to not only play well but to build BR.:D

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got bored. Not so much because the game bored me but I was bored of never being in the right frame of mind to play. My job and several other things took it out of me. I really want to get back into it.