Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Anybody got any recommendations for poker related documentaries or films?

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theres a really good one for online players that covers from the poker boom with the moneymaker effect and its shooted before during and after black friday and its effects on players. Its really good (besides beeing a little old) to understand how we stand now.
Even that one dude Jeff Gross that was answering questions here in the forum is interviewed.

Ah, its called: All In: The Poker Movie

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once watched this short one (only 21 minutes long) and I kind of liked it:

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a poker documentary that I really liked that was made in Las Vegas, it is about professional players who are going to play the wsop and their dreams is to win a WSOP bracelet, they talk about their principles in poker and the trajectory of their careers .
The Documentary is called:
"That's Poker" and you can find it on youtube.

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know about what are you looking for but there nice videos at youtube where PRO PLAYERS shows their play at WSOP. I learn a lot of those about MTT.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Anybody got any recommendations for poker related documentaries or films?

So far I haven't seen any documentary or film better than the one mentioned by Shinmenkami (All in, the movie), especially for young players who haven't been around during the poker BOOM and the unfortunate events that followed about 6 years later. It could be considered as a poker history recap told by real people who had actually lived it.
The other video (above) is interesting too for whoever doesn't know much about the staking business. A business that's growing rapidly these days.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't know any documentaries about poker. But there is a great feature film where poker plays a key role in the events that take place. The film is called "Honeymoon in Las Vegas". Starring Nicolas Cage and Jessica Parker. I recommend it for a good mood and learning what you can not do in poker under any circumstances.