Anthony Holden on Texas Poker Wisdom by Johnny Hughes

J

Johnny Hughes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a nice letter that I received from Anthony Holden, author of Big Deal, Bigger Deal, and many other books. He is poker's top writer.

Johnny Hughes - You'll be pleased (and by now surprised!) to know that I've finally managed to make time to read TEXAS POKER WISDOM, which I've *hugely* enjoyed. The book really lives up to its name, giving some real good Hold'em lessons amid a very entertaining narrative, packed with terrific anecdotes, wry wit, great characters and, yes, much hard-learned poker wisdom.
You have my warm congratulations on a job extremely well done. If it would help you to use the above in promotional material, or put it on your website, feel free. With your permission, I'd like to use a quote or two from the book in the one I'm writing myself right now, HOLDEN ON HOLD'EM, which should be published in November. We poker player-writers have got to stick together !
I'll send you the relevant extract when it's done. In the meantime, may the flops be with you...
Good luck - and thanks again for a terrific read - all v best, Anthony Holden

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratz on your sucses and good reviews for your new book.
Hope u start sharing your knowledge with us forum members.

If been looking to buy a new poker book since my poker libary is way to small(like two books),can u tell my @ what level of player your book is aimed for?

J

Johnny Hughes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My novel, Texas Poker Wisdom, should appeal to all levels of poker players from beginners to experts. It should entertain, but also improve your play of the game we all love.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My novel, Texas Poker Wisdom, should appeal to all levels of poker players from beginners to experts. It should entertain, but also improve your play of the game we all love.

Sorry but I'm not going to believe this one. I know you're biased and want everyone to buy the book, but is it the kind of book that teaches the basics of the game or something that those that don't know the basics won't understand. It may be entertaining to all players, but is the educational part geared towards those who are just learning what a flush is or the kind of player that has mastered the basics and is now working on topics such as 3-betting light, when to float, etc? If it's only for entertainment value, that's fine, Ace on the River sure sold pretty well I think and it didn't focus much on teaching new poker concepts, but most people would like to know that about your book. Thanks and congrats on the good review :).

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry but I'm not going to believe this one. I know you're biased and want everyone to buy the book, but is it the kind of book that teaches the basics of the game or something that those that don't know the basics won't understand. It may be entertaining to all players, but is the educational part geared towards those who are just learning what a flush is or the kind of player that has mastered the basics and is now working on topics such as 3-betting light, when to float, etc? If it's only for entertainment value, that's fine, Ace on the River sure sold pretty well I think and it didn't focus much on teaching new poker concepts, but most people would like to know that about your book. Thanks and congrats on the good review :).

It's a NOVEL. I think the point is that it can be enjoyed by any level of "player".