Annoying situations

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Is there anything, any situation, that irritates you or ever irritated you when you were playing poker? It could be anything.

What irritates me the most and continues to irritate me are the players who raise all the time, or push all in without having anything in their hands, and sometimes end up winning with the card that comes on the river.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Keeping in mind that folks who play like this can & should be treated like your own personal ATM machine, what is your problem with them?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There is nothing that irritates me when it comes to poker and it doesn't bother me how people play. When people go all in with nothing and then win then I think that it was either a bluff that ended well for them on the river or they have no idea about poker. And most of the time it is the case that they have little or no idea at all about poker and I'm almost sorry about them because they usually get out of the game very quickly with this type of play. It usually doesn't take very long to recognize such people and you can then make this to your advantage. It bothers me a lot more when one of my family members suddenly feels the need to have a very serious conversation with me and then I am completely distracted, but luckily this rarely happens, usually they let me play in peace.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The items you say irritate you are completely just part of the game of poker. Try no to let certain aspects about poker that are out of your control, such as: what other people choose to do with their time, cards or their chips bother you. Instead of being upset look upon those players as prey and be happy they are at your table because those players are the kind you want so you can take their chips when you get the right moment :).

Sometimes I can get annoyed a slight bit, its usually because of something I did not do correct in hind sight but even then its just a good learning opportunity.

Last edited:
milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any fish calling my raise annoys me.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think what irritates me the most is the super aggressive player that raises or go all in every hand and usually you wait for a good hand to play against him and you lose to a weak pre flop hand.

L

ledzep

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thats poker, pick your spots

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If I fall way below my all-in equity over a stretch, I curse the gods for not equitably distributing the chips. When running well, I conveniently forget the capricious gods.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can always do without someone putting a beat on me and then for some reason feeling the need to rub it in. In the end though, I didn't do anything wrong so it's not worth getting that upset about.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I get annoyed by players who insult others. Such behavior indicates a lack of respect for both oneself and the people around you.
Good luck.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It irritates me the same as you, it is incomprehensible that they play praying that the river can save them and finally saves them by giving them the only card that could make them winners of the game, that is very frustrating.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
A few days ago, I was tilted by a bad streak that I had, on the same day, I risked my last chips with AA and lost against 66, it happened to me twice in tournaments and once in cash games. 😪

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess we can agree that one of the most irritating things is when you see that a played has absolutely no idea what he's doing, doesn't care, is on a long tilt or otherwise is an extremely bad player.. doing the bingo dance and winning a lot of the times.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there anything, any situation, that irritates you or ever irritated you when you were playing poker? It could be anything.

What irritates me the most and continues to irritate me are the players who raise all the time, or push all in without having anything in their hands, and sometimes end up winning with the card that comes on the river.
when i am playing poker, i dont like to be disturbed.... saying that my wife has a knack of talking to me on big hands and distorting my train of thought, i usually lose that hand!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like players who always go all-in. They are good players that allow me to regularly increase my bankroll and enjoy the game. For me, these are ideal opponents.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just find laughable the number of ignorant players who act like pros at the table. Before some years they would annoy me. Worst part of live poker is people who smoke.

J

JCSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although it is annoying when players berate or insult others, or try to explain why a play someone made was such a terrible play. If it was, unless you are trying to help that player improve why let them know that when you can exploit it? But oftentimes it wasn't that bad of a play and they are just frustrated that someone made an aggressive semi bluff, got looked up and then hit one of their outs.

While at the time it is annoying to sit through those conversations. It's also quite useful as you are getting an insight into the player who is going off, they will often reveal information on themselves in the process. And if the other player (if it wasn't you) responds, they are giving you information on why they made the move, which is also useful. So it isn't the worst thing.

At the end of the day I don't get the berating acts. Though I understand that some players just get frustrated and lash out. It's bad for poker though. Even if someone made a terrible play and donked you. Going off on them and embarrassing them might turn a bad player away from poker, and that hurts everyone's opportunities to make money. Not to mention it being a jerk move.

Last edited: