Angle Shooting?

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rules

It seems this is frowned upon in most places and if noticed than the situation is dealt with.

But if you are going to have it be a violation, than punishment should be more than just continuation of the call or raise.

But if its considered just to be sneaky, like a bluff or banter meant to throw you off than let us all be on the same page and make our own decision on your opponents play.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know this is old, but had something to add.

I was playing live in St. Louis, someone raised me. I sat and thought for a minute. I took the amount of chips I was raised and set them off to the side. I do this to gauge what it will cost me and visually see this and what the cost is relative to my chipstack.

But this time I knew I was going to call because I had flopped trip aces with a rainbow board.

As I was sitting there thinking, the player that raised said I motioned to call. He said since I pulled the chips to the side that was an indication I called. Nope, sorry buddy...BUT since he was playing that up, I used it and acted like I haven't made up my mind yet and feigned getting angry that he was attempting to force me to call.

So, I called, 4th didn't help him, but he went all in, I called. When he saw I flopped trip aces he was like, "SEE!! he angle shot me!!!"

I had to tell him to learn what angle shooting is and learn that if I don't verbally indicate a call or raise, no motion with my hands forward or no forward motion with my chips, its not a decision.

Could hear him cussing all the way out of the poker room.:thefinger

This is why I play online & homegame-type games mostly.

rbackmann

rbackmann

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just announce my intention and away we go
no thinking at all
:p

P

Petersonc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really good collection of angle shoots + videos

Hey guys, thought you might be interested in this, I have found a really good collection of angle shoots with videos here, probably the biggest, most exhaustive collection I have seen. What I like, and none of you mentioned that you can do this online as well, and there actual videos of online angle shooting on this page.
Sorry for somewhat necroing, although, the last one is from March this year, so might not be that necro.