Am I playing too many freerolls?

Squidman2005

Squidman2005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing 15 freerolls a day, I think you need to unplug for a while and get yourself into a 12 step program....lol

Nickmond

Nickmond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are crapshoots...you really can't expect to avoid all the bad players making bad percentage plays, eventually you are almost bound to be in a spot where in a regular "serious" game you'd have the best hand, only to find that one of your opponents hit two pair playing 28 after a raise. Nothing you can really do about cold spells in those things.

P

pokermario

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
burnout does affect my play too, but freerolls can be difficult especially if you tend to be losing in the first hour that's when the majority of the bad play occurs as people are looking for the quick double take a few days off and try coming back with a clear head and just play your A game your results will improve.

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
perhaps you're just tired of playing and is auto mode?

I'm sure when you're playing so much freeroll everyday, you'll know how the field plays in certain freerolls on certain sites.

What are the usual spots where your opponents might make certain retarded plays and you can just call with TP for all the chips. What are the spots where you need to lay down a strong hand to the possible nuts due the line taken you opponents.

Of course, there are days where you're cold deck, you really can do nothing abt it.

Anyway, remember the spots where you played bad or made some retarded play, and dont do it again. imo, its not hard to make accurate reads after the mid stages of the freeroll, but do bear in mind, retardation still exist.

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One can NEVER play too many freerolls...
They are a way of learning how to deal with all diffrent types of players (you will find the maniacs in higher buyins aswell as donks) and learn patience and discipline...
Also to realize that you will need some luck to go with skill...
Roll on....
aC

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem, play way too many, just too many of them out there.
My medecin vs a dry is to prepare something to comfort yourself with, for after you are out. Then enjoy that thing, and at the same time think about your family and friends, and how lucky you are after all.

Nigel1963

Nigel1963

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to contradict myself, just played a real solid game (freeroll) on Absolute poker, coming 2nd for $20. played only good hands, was more patient than ever, even coming back from the dead several times. Just watched how the others were playing, and tried to adapt. They were doing a lot of bluffing and bullying, I just kept on folding if the cards were rubbish, which most of them were. Goes to show that freerolls are not all a waste of time or effort, and can be a good learning experience.

dropdead1

dropdead1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanx for all the advice. So I have been awake now for 19 hours straight and only played 1 freeroll....didnt place but did much better than usual.

I went back to my rule that I created for myself when I first started playing which is: never play with cards that I am not prepared to accept a raise or reraise on (if that makes any sense to anyone). A while ago someone said to me that I should try and see as many flops as possible in the beginning of a tourney when the blinds are still small, and if someone raised then I could just fold. Well, this is me we are talking about and I am known not to have to much grey area....just loads of black and white....so I think I might have pushed this persons strategy to the limit which is causing all my frustrations!

So, taking into account everyone's advice, here's the rest of my "almost" 12 step plan:
-Every morning I am going to select a few (4 or 5) freerolls that I really want to play and try stick to that for a while...
-Only have 1 poker site open at a time...
-Play freerolls as though they are STT's and concentrate on the table that I am at instead of obsessing over how many people are being knocked out...
-Spend a bit more quality time with my husband, cats and hamster...

dropdead1

dropdead1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yay, looks like I got my mojo back. Played in 4 freerolls today and got into the money in 2 of them....

T

turtlerox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like freerolls and i'm not getting tired of them,is a way to ears some money and a good way oo have some fun without spending your money!

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could play as many freerolls as you man ;)
I play less and less ones, due to my job which takes most of my time :(

I think that if you play 10 to 15 freerolls a day, there's a good chance that you play some freerolls at the same time, and you can't concentrate as well as you would if you played less.
Poker is like sport, you need to be relaxed in your body and in your head in order to play well.
You should maybe select more the freerolls you play, and play the best ones only.
Good luck :)

T

tmeve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls all the time and cash out in pretty much everyone I play there isn't anything wrong with playing them a lot you can earn a lot of free money from them why not play them. But you do have the fact that most the kids who play them are donkeys and don't know what they are doing and call anything.

Freeroll Passwords