Chips
if you play by the rules and win how you go there is your business

S

santa fe slim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you were a jerk, but can see why some might I guess. Personally, I like it when I know exactly what the other player(s) sre going to do. If I have a decent hand, that type of play is likely to double me up.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finished a 3.30 sit and go top 3 get money.
It was down to 4 people i had about 10k. Two players were 1-2k and the other was less than 500.
The short stack wasnt calling anything and blinds were like 100-200.

I just kept going allin on every hand knowing the other people would't call. When short stack was all in in bb he was able to double up. In the end short stack got third and one of the other guys bubbled.

Needless to say he wasn't happy and proceeded to let me know it over and over bitching me out and so on. I said "just playing a strategy knowing you wouldn't call" He also bitched out the short stack. The best was the racist comment "at least I'm not black" (nor am I) and "I'm turning you into bodog for chip dumping" I said "go ahead they will have a good laugh."

Now true i would be annoyed if that happend to me too and i have been on the other end.

Wondering what all your thoughts are on this. Given a similar situation i would do the same again. Get chips when you can.

"at least I'm not black" .....

What the heck does THAT have to do with anything? lol

Did you remind him that the President is black?....

Of course, so is Tiger.....

You did everything right. Played your best game. Just laugh at the rest!

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another thing. You can always report them for racism. "at least I'm not black" wtf?

He played it perfectly. With that chip advantage, you should be the one taking them out to increase your chip lead while making them chase for second place. If you let them eliminate each other, they're building their chips to fight against you. To prevent that, you must bully them and try to take them down yourself.

PayMeh

PayMeh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree.. Nothing wrong at all with that play.. I got bitched at a few weeks ago for using all my allotted time by a deep stacked player. I only had about 10BB with 10 or so ppl left on the bubble. When he first started on me I hit the time bank and let it run all the way down telling him I would do that every time he bitched. I had the pleasure of watching him bust out and finished in the top 5 after the bubble burst.. Play your game however you like. If others can't accept that and adjust their game accordingly it's not your problem.. =)

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I myself have not done that, I can see why you did. I guess the player that was mad, wanted you to pick a guy you wanted to win, namely him. lol I do usually sit back and let them fight it out. A lot of times this would end the tourney sooner.
After reading this I might just rethink my strategy, I have sat back and ended up losing. So I am thinking if you can get more chips do it.

2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha

Makes me laugh how much people take things to heart !
This guy must have been pissed off but its sad to see people going as low as to be racist over a game of poker :( .
I also think it was well played, its not as if you know any of these guys so who cares which one gets the boot :icon_sant

E

evilpoochie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here is the thing if the people you are playing are mad about your play and have no chance of sucking out; then you know their is no way your play could be mad. play not to make friends but to make money

L

luckforsome

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...ye i have done the exact same thing on many occasion, and will do so again in other situations...nothing wrong at all with this play...prey on the bubblers, classic

R

RAFC24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your not a jerk
Your objective is to win
You were using the right strategy
Poker is not a team game
The SS isnt gong to die if he busts on the bubble
It's an internet game not real life war.