To All Those Who Just Play Texas Hold em

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
twizzybop said:
You can specialize in more than 1 poker game and specialize in only 1.. still makes both a great all around poker player.. just one player is great all around in more than 1 game.

I'm going to stop arguing with you now as it's pretty pointless if you think that this even makes a shred of sense, let alone is true. I leave you with this.

all-a·round (ôl
lprime.gif
schwa.gif
-round
prime.gif
) also all-round (ôl
prime.gif
round
prime.gif
)
adj.
  1. Comprehensive in extent or depth: a good all-around education.
  2. Able to do many things well; versatile: an all-around athlete. See Synonyms at versatile.
all-around
adj : many-sided; "an all-around athlete"; "a well-rounded curriculum" [syn: all-around(a), all-round(a), well-rounded]

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C'mon guys don't tell me you're done with the back and forth antics. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads and the funniest.:)

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Comprehensive in extent or depth:

Ding-Ding.. give this guy a cupie doll.. Comprehensive to Poker.. Now look up Poker.. Hold-em is poker.. Now for the 400 Dollar Dictionary Question Alex.

Able to do many things well
Ding-Ding give me a cupie doll..MANY

Didn't know Poker Constitutes as many..Thought it was 1 individual thing but hey what do I know.. Do you play Poker? Yes as a matter of fact I do play poker.. However I play many variations of it that require diffrent strategies..

But nah Alex BZZZZT.. I will ring in for the 400 dollar answer

Poker: Any of various card games played by two or more players who bet on the value of their hands.

Any:One, some, every, or all without specification

Yet since we are talking Poker meaning One.. but yet somehow Being A Big DOG poker player you have to play all various games of poker without specification to actually be a BIG DOG poker player is again pure poppie ****.

See I can also look up words in the online dictionary...

No Dennis I am not done..apparently when someone mentions Poker and it means more than 1

So you can be an all around Poker player with 1 variation of poker just like you can also be an all around Poker plaer playing more then 1 variation..

So puuuleeeasse.. if you want to look up meanings.. look up all of them before you only post the ones you so choose to begrudge your debate to look good.. Cause to beat me in a debate you can't win... you have to be me.

I'm going to stop arguing with you now as it's pretty pointless if you think that this even makes a shred of sense, let alone is true. I leave you with this

I am glad you left me with that :)... cause I left you with that..game/set/match goes to me(even though I never played a lick of live tennis in my life)

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I said I wouldn't respond, but making you look silly is too much fun, and I hate it when people think they have "won" just because anothe person sees arguing with someone so narrow-minded as useless.

twizzybop said:
Comprehensive in extent or depth:

Ding-Ding.. give this guy a cupie doll.. Comprehensive to Poker.. Now look up Poker.. Hold-em is poker.. Now for the 400 Dollar Dictionary Question Alex.

Yes, HE is poker. So is 5-card draw, Stud, Omaha etc. One of a vast multitude of games is not comprehensive to poker as a whole. If a person can bake a cake, do they have a comprehensive knowledge of cookery? By your logic, it seems they do. I would suggest otherwise.

twizzybop said:
but yet somehow Being A Big DOG poker player you have to play all various games of poker without specification to actually be a BIG DOG poker player is again pure poppie ****.

Dook already answered this. I suggest you abandon your usual style of picking one sentence from a post and blatantly ignoring the rest and try actually reading his post before rambling off-tangent like this any more.

twizzybop said:
So puuuleeeasse.. if you want to look up meanings.. look up all of them before you only post the ones you so choose to begrudge your debate to look good.. Cause to beat me in a debate you can't win... you have to be me.

I fail to see how posting the definition of "any" proves anything. Still you ignore the use of the words ALL-AROUND (quite how many more times I need to bold/caps this I don't know). But your last sentence there obviously shows you are pathetically stubborn, and arguing with you appears to be the internet equivalent of banging my head against the corner of the table.

Look - good = good, all-around = comprehensive, poker = lots of games. I fail to see what is so difficult for you in putting these together. If someone is good at bluffing but doesn't know any other aspect of holdem, is he a good all-around holdem player? No, as bluffing is only one aspect of holdem, just as holdem is only one aspect of poker.

Last edited:
F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty good at winning $1/$2 limit hold'em full ring games. Does that make me a good all-around poker player?

Seeing as poker players are persons, does it also make me a good all-around person?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! I didn't think this thread was going to have this amny posts and responses!:eek:

El Viajero

El Viajero

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
How can someone be a good all-around poker player when they are only proficient at one of these games? It's like saying someone is a good all-around ball sports player when they're only good at football.

I think that the point he was trying to make was that he doesn't believe that one needs to be a good all-rounder to be good at poker.

Twizzybop, it would have been far easier to say that you disagree with the statement. Instead you tried to flame Dorkus and got your arse burnt. I partly agree with what each of you are saying so I'm just going to sit back and watch you two at it.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules