Aggressive Players

DaxMcfly

DaxMcfly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience. You watch them in a cash game or single table Sit N Go and you know they will loose their chips eventually, the more they win the more they push....eventually they lose it all and its gutting when someone else gets their chips.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first I thought it was just me. But then I started talking to other players on pokerstars chat. Brazilians and Russians are extremely aggressive players when they playing your hands. The most people hate this.

How do you play with that "extremely aggressive" players?
Poker does not have nations. I'm from Russia, but I use aggression based on position and hand. And not just because I'm aggressive.
I think that you are faced with the issue of not aggression, but with inability to use it correctly by other players))))

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not this again. Admin already removed a similar thread yesterday

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker does not have nations. I'm from Russia, but I use aggression based on position and hand. And not just because I'm aggressive.
I think that you are faced with the issue of not aggression, but with inability to use it correctly by other players))))
I think that we are not talking about aggression, which should be all the same in the right game. And we are talking about the reckless behavior of such players. They do not have discipline, they do not know when bluff is appropriate, and so on. I'm not afraid of such players. still punish, they have a lot of mistakes, which means patience, and an opponent with aggression will fly out of the tournamen

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first I thought it was just me. But then I started talking to other players on pokerstars chat. Brazilians and Russians are extremely aggressive players when they playing your hands. The most people hate this.

Your opponent's nationality is not important. Everyone is equal at the table, Russian, Brazilians and so on. You are the director and producer of your game, you are responsible for your victory or defeat. and your task should be higher and better even against the aggression of others. You can defeat aggression with reason, coolness, patience and knowledge in poker

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Tighten your range, don't make hero calls for no reason, because, even if players are loose and aggressive, they may end up with a hand here and there, and play it the same way as if they hold nothing.
Considering labeling, that Russian and Brazilian players are the ones who are very aggressive, it is not really true. Thing is there are more players from those two countries then any other, therefore, You are just seeing them play hands more often, and therefore gave them a label as aggressive players.
Try not to generalize that much, as You can end up making certain moves, based on an assumption that particular Russian or Brazilian player is aggressive by default, when they don't necessarily need to be.

B

bmanxx22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
do the opposite

The best strategy against one strategy is to do the opposite. If you see someone playing extremely aggressive then you need to play a tighter game. Wait for that golden moment when you snap them and take their chips.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

To me it is simple. I try to trap them and hope my hand stands up. Good luck !

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play Hu in hyper turbo tournament or spinngo with them you can wait good cards till the end of blinds,so I prefer to play aggressive too or I wait in normal tip of games when the blinds is small

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think having studied an opponent with aggression, you can then use it. If aggression is constant and without reason, such a player will not bother you for a long time. He is doomed to failure. It's not a player but a kid in the sandbox.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tighting up your play is usually the right play... letting them barrel into you is another strategy...See his betting patterns and his hands that he showsdown with to get an idea of how loose and aggressive